Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Wind  (Read 307 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Wind
« on: August 26, 2017, 05:06:57 PM »
I've had a wind sim since 2005, it was always 'pay as you go'. Over the years I've upgraded my phone and now have a smart (far too bloody smart) phone. Last year I started to notice wind were deducting €2 per month from my credit. I then saw there was a message I'd missed, saying I was being upgraded to Wind 2 and had 30 days to refuse the upgrade. I'd missed the deadline and thought €2 a month wasn't worth the hassle so I left it. Now I have a new message and they want to take €4 a month.

My phone is dual sim, so I had a look at my Wind usage and found it was 12 seconds over the last month! I use Vodafone much more and Wind is just a back up.

So, I decided I didn't want this new thing and went online to cancel it, I've been all over their website and could find no way to cancel the new tariff nor any way to modify my contract. There is a plan, called 'wind easy' where you just pay for calls and messages as you use them. I followed the instructions to opt for that plan and all it does is take you to a page of more expensive offers.

I decided to call their assistance number. After numerous calls, jumping through all the hoops and listening to the recorded messages only to then be told all opperators are busy, go to the website or ring back later, I lost my temper.

I found wind's twitter page and posted 140 characters of utter frustration and annoyance. I got a reply asking me to private message them with my phone number and outlining my problem, which I did.

About 20 minutes later they called me, apologised and agreed to change my contract to Wind Easy. I've just got a text to tell me it's been done!

So for anyone else having similar problems, save yourselves a whole load of time and trouble and go straight to twitter!

Offline Orbito

Re: Wind
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:24:23 PM »
Blimey, well done for persevering!

How utterly frustrating - but pleased you finally got a good outcome :).

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 10:39:03 PM »
Great result Levi, & good to hear that the dreaded Italian utility companies DO have a 'modern' face after all...
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 10:56:42 PM »
We had a similar problem with TIM early last year whereby they had added “PrimeGo” arbitrarily as far as I was concerned! I used their chat functionality on their site, asked for someone to chat to in English, which they did! After a lot of bluster they took it off, but could get nowhere with the refund aspect – ha!
Another much worse scam is the “Premium SMS” rip-off where you can be losing €5/week with any mobile provider. This site here (Italian) gives more details. Still not too sure where they are getting your number?
Very difficult to find where to stop this one on the WIND site as well, but the main page where you log in to their site has a click point on the MobilePay icon on the left of the page. This takes you to another site which I suspect is being used by all the big companies where you can see the deductions (if any) and what “services” they are for, you can also deactivate them here. Still not worked out how the “Premium SMS” block works?

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 08:31:05 AM »
That was by far the most useful thread I have read here in a very long time (no offence). I receive a huge number of texts, WhatsApp messages, Messenger etc and when I am busy I simply ignore anything that is not urgent. I found out just now that I had accidentally activated 2 of these monsters and so far this month have paid a total of €33.98. I'm going to see if I can get a refund but at least it has been halted before it rolled over into another month.  Thank you!
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.