Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Sky delete passcode  (Read 559 times)

Offline Rustychain

Sky delete passcode
« on: August 15, 2017, 10:29:06 AM »
Not sure if anyone can help me with this. I 'saved' some films on our Sky box (blue button), only to find that I cannot delete them & the box out here doesn't have a massive capacity.

I'm pretty sure I never set up a password for it & the one I would usually use doesn't work. I googled it & one suggestion was that it will be the last 4 digits of our viewing card number, but that doesn't work either.

Does anyone know a likely solution? i.e. is there some magic 'override' number?
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: Sky delete passcode
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 11:18:59 AM »
Not used sky for many a year ;D , but have you tried a re-boot (unplug 30 seconds last I know). Looking at the web there are all sorts of problems with the current boxes regards the planner and such, so likely there is some corruption if you are sure you did not set a passcode. Is there not a menu item for a code reset on the box?

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 07:01:49 PM »
Thanks Geordie. Yes, I have tried a reboot, to no avail. I'll have a look round for a password reset option, but I'd half expect it to ask me to input the current one first...?

I'll report back.

Offline nil satis

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 09:40:57 AM »
I think the default password is 4 x zero's

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 12:13:59 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, but 4 zeros doesn't work either. I've had a good look around & can't see a passcode reset option.

Looks like I'll have to try contacting Sky. "Good luck with that" I can hear you cry.

;D

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 01:26:45 PM »
Try here, one post I saw said 1234 default, but others said it did not work! Another post indicated the only way was to ring them. Posts did indicate it has nothing to do with the user, some pins are set by defalut and to the value of an old card last 4,  which of sourse only works in the old box! :-X

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 10:19:17 PM »
Thanks Geordie, and apologies for the slow response...

We don't fire up our Sky box too often, hence the delay, but I just tried the last 4 digits of the paying account... still no joy.

I think I'll have to accept defeat & phone them.

:(

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 01:56:33 PM »
I recall having similar a similar problem and found that going to the online account management allowed me to set up a passcode.

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 08:24:13 AM »
Following rsetzer's tip, I was on Sky Italia's website yesterday & Live Chat was available (it isn't, often) so I managed to get them to reset the passcode & email me a new one. Finalmente!

Thanks to all who posted suggestions; I now have some free disc space again!