Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Family day out  (Read 358 times)

Offline Lois Lane

Family day out
« on: August 02, 2017, 09:03:04 AM »
For those with kids  ( or for those who are big kids!), I recommend onda Blu water park at Tortoreto, near Teramo.

Lots of different water slides from  pleasantly slow to downright scary! Wave machine every hour or so preceded by a hooter!  The current in the rapids is quite strong - I went round the circuit more times than I care to remember so make a note of where the exits are before you enter!  Nice green area shaded with trees and loads of places to sunbathe.

22 euros per person  and another 5 euros for 2 sun beds/1 chair and a brolly. (Optional)  Food on site reasonable but we took a nice pic nic.  Open from 10am to 6.30pm

A lovely day out!!

Many shops offering discount vouchers at the moment so an extra 7.50 euros off.

Offline Lui

Re: Family day out
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 10:46:56 AM »
I couldn't agree more, it's great fun even for an old fart like me. We've been the last 3 summers with daughter and granddaughter and we all loved it. The rapids were a big favourite. It's a bit daunting at first as there are so many people but the queues are not as bad as you'd first imagine, except for the big blue tunnel slide and  there's loads to go at apart from that one. Worth booking in advance online as the queues to buy tickets can be long. We're definitely going again this August. 

Offline rometony

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 10:07:51 PM »

Me too,we have had some great times there with the grandkids and they are coming again monday for more.
Its their perfect day ,so this year we will do the one at Vasto too,Aqualand.

Will try the booking online this time to save time too.

The burgers werent the best(never tastes like it looks on the photo) so glad we had a picnic too.

Cost can be an issue ,so the vouchers come in handy,we get ours from AquaSapone.
We recently went to an Agriturismo for the day and spent 55e (8ex3entry) plus lunch ,ice creams etc.
Another day we went to a campsite pool (13e total entry for the day) and took everything else in a cool bag.
A big difference when you have a long summer.
t

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 10:45:19 PM »
Sounds like something we need to do too.. thanks for posting.
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline Venatore

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 11:41:53 PM »
Thumbs up for Aqualand Vasto from me too. As mentioned previously take a picknick and plent of drinks if you don't want a day out with the kids to turn into a ruinous exercise
V.

Offline Riso

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 08:57:36 AM »
i went with my granddaughter we had so much fun i went on the very fightening white slide by mistake wow i had an amazing day 100% great time...

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »
I really like Aqualand in Vasto and I must say the entertainment is excellent. The last time I went they did the lion king on stage and it was fantastic. Obviously water slides is what it is all about but having something else going off was great. Follow that with an evening in Vasto and you have a great day out.
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 12:32:29 PM »
Another place for a family day out is https://www.tripadvisor.it/Attraction_Review-g194850-d12370598-Reviews-Adventure_Park_Cerrano-Pineto_Province_of_Teramo_Abruzzo.html

It's a trip advisor link because I can't get the link to their site to work! Still, all the details are there.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 01:46:54 PM »
Here's another great place for young and older! http://www.parconaturalemajella.it/attivita/parco-avventura/
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk