Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Train from Ancona airport  (Read 163 times)

Offline nil satis

Train from Ancona airport
« on: July 24, 2017, 12:33:05 PM »
Does anybody know if you can catch a train from Ancona airport to Fossacesia or somewhere close by. I wont bore you with my error but I am coming over for a couple of weeks in August but have to fly back for one night on the 19th and I am trying to save my wife from dropping me off on Saturday and picking me up on Sunday from Ancona if a train is a viable option. :-[ :-[

Offline GeordieBorn

Re: Train from Ancona airport
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 01:26:45 PM »
Last time I looked to get to Pescara from Ancona the problem with it was having to change at Ancona from the Castelferretti (Ancona airport station). For your trip, you would also need to change at Pescara. Put your times in this Trenitali site here to see if it is any good for you. Last time we hired a car in Pescara and dropped off Ancona it was 34 extra, but that was a few years back and out of season, also the car we were provided with turned out to be cr@p!

Offline nil satis

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 01:35:49 PM »
Thank you Geordie that is great though it seems as you say the problem is getting from the airport to Ancona, there are fairly regular trains Ancona - Pescara but the train from the airport to Ancona is late in the day, maybe a bus or taxi into town would be best.

Thanks again

Offline Lola

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
Last time I got a flight from Ancona, I seriously misjudged the time it takes the bus to travel from Ancona Station out to the airport ( almost no hour)also they only run every hour!
Never make eye contact with weirdos.