Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Hello, I'mů. Barbara!!  (Read 541 times)

Offline Barbara

Hello, I'mů. Barbara!!
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »
Hello tutti!

Would like to introduce ourselves, Barbara & Larry, retired Canadians moving to Vasto area in September.  We currently live in Ascoli Piceno, which is a lovely city, but are ready for a change. 

If by chance anyone knows of a furnished short term rental August 7th - 31st, we would appreciate any suggestions, have a gap between leaving our apartment in Ascoli and taking possession of the new place. 

Does anyone live near Vasto?

Barbara

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Hello, I'mů. Barbara!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:00:18 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.

There are a few members who live Vasto way and might be able to help. There is also this recent post http://abruzzolutely.com/forum/index.php?topic=1718.msg12970;topicseen#msg12970. Not very close but closer than Ascoli Piceno.

Best of luck finding somewhere suitable.

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 03:27:54 PM »
My wife and I are in Casalanguida. About a 30 min drive up from Vasto. We go there often. I have at lease one contact in Vasto and will drop her and email. She knows the expat community there. I will PM you when I get info.

Offline Barbara

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 06:25:40 PM »
Thank you both so much for your replies!  Will look into the post, and will watch for PM...

Offline Orbito

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 06:33:52 PM »
Hi Barbara and welcome!

Vasto is a lovely place, you must be very excited about the move. A forum member Tobylap lives there and knows loads of people, I'll let her know and I'm sure she'll be in touch.

I'm the one who posted the rental that Levi mentioned, so just shout if you'd like more info.

Offline tobylap

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 06:53:55 AM »
Hi Barbara and Larry,
So glad to hear it.  You will love Vasto!  A great place with lots to do and near the beach.  I'll introduce you to everyone here.  Btw, my mum was from Newfoundland.

Offline Barbara

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 11:32:33 AM »
Hello Tobylap!
Technically we, our rental house, is in Montenero, but Vasto will be our "go to" town, really love it and have just scratched the surface.
Thanks for your offer to introduce us around, that would be great.  Newfoundland!  We're from east of Toronto but have been there, fun place.

Offline southerngirl

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 11:34:54 PM »
I live in Vasto also.  We have a good group here and you will love the area.  You are also so close to Termoli which is another good go to town.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 09:48:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Vasto is a great place, good luck!
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk