Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Buon Giorno Tutti  (Read 668 times)

Offline popinjaykev

• Popinjay pics
Buon Giorno Tutti
« on: May 17, 2017, 08:19:15 AM »
Taken at 8am this morning - Gotta love clouds
In All things be a witness and if necessary use words.

Offline the wrong side of the valley

Re: Buon Giorno Tutti
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »
Buon giorno indeed!

We like to check the Arsita web cam http://www.prowebcam.it/webcam/arsita but yours is better.

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:30 AM »
Lovely indeed; I think those clouds are lenticular.
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline Orbito

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 04:43:33 PM »
Beautiful pic!

Offline Sunshine

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »
Wow!

Offline popinjaykev

• Popinjay pics
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 08:58:52 PM »
Wrong side of the valley .....seriously, Lol I suppose I could make a regular exercise of this but you will soon get fed up with the shot Lol...

Rusty chain - Thanks for the info - It certainly looked wild.

Orbito and sunshine , thank you.

I am really spoilt as this is the view from my bedroom balcony. Now this is not bragging I promise you - We bought the house not ever seeing the view as it was covered in cloud - Crazy huh?

Anyone else out there in Abruzzolutely land that enjoys taking photos? I would love to get together from time to time for a walk and a natter. My passion is wildlife and whilst I have seen a Marsican bear in the wild It was a mere speck in the viewfinder.

Offline the wrong side of the valley

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:35:25 AM »

I am really spoilt as this is the view from my bedroom balcony. Now this is not bragging I promise you - We bought the house not ever seeing the view as it was covered in cloud - Crazy huh?

Only as crazy as we were, the property details showed a probably 1 mega pixel shot of the mountain so we didn't really take much notice and the house is in a valley that we liked, only after completion did the clouds disappear, actually there was snow down to our level which made it very magical.

Offline popinjaykev

• Popinjay pics
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 08:42:24 AM »

Only as crazy as we were, the property details showed a probably 1 mega pixel shot of the mountain so we didn't really take much notice and the house is in a valley that we liked, only after completion did the clouds disappear, actually there was snow down to our level which made it very magical.

Glad there are at least 2 of us here then :)

Offline Orbito

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 10:09:01 AM »
How about an Abruzzolutely calendar?  :) These pics are just gorgeous!

Offline popinjaykev

• Popinjay pics
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 01:15:14 PM »
Hi Orbito, I think Levi has tried this before ...or at the very least someone on the forum did... but not sure the take up was very good  :(

Offline Mike E

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 07:55:13 AM »
A great thread regarding surprises. When we bought our house in Civitella Casanova, we knew there was a mountain behind us but it took three months for the air to be clear enough for us to realise that we could actually see the sun rise out of the Adriatico some 40 kms. away in front of the house. On a clear day we can see ships. I never get tired of the view.

Can I advertise the house as have sea views?

Offline popinjaykev

• Popinjay pics
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »
Hi Mike, Well you wouldn't be telling untruths would you ? Of course you could add a disclaimer stating that this view is subject to 20/20 vision, Fog and cloud conditions, the use of a powerful scope or binoculars etc etc LOL  :D

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 11:08:18 AM »
I enjoy photo trips. Have not had much opportunity to do any. Lately I've become fascinated Italian doors and have been taking shots. I am down somewhat south. About 30 KM west of Vasto up in the low hills. My wife and I are not at all adverse to taking an overnighter and staying in a local agro or hotel.