Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Filmon-changes  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Red Mistral

Filmon-changes
« on: May 02, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »
Anyone else having trouble with Filmon? Since yesterday May1st, I can only get a 2 min free preview on UK TV before it times me out and directs me to either subscribe or continue viewing on SD only. SD selection doesn't change anything. I sent an e mail to Filmon via their Help page and:

Thank you for contacting FilmOn Customer Support.

Unfortunately, We need to inform you, that we are no longer offering the free SD watching due to contractual requirements with our content vendors.
We're very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience, as we had no possibility to let our Customers know about this change in our service in advance. The website is being updated and so are the apps.

Please note that HQ subscription will let you watch Live TV without ads, in better quality than SD and will bring you 10 hours of reusable recording space, and purchase it you may here:
http://www.filmon.tv/subscriptions/ In order to purchase the subscription, you will need to use the full version of the website via PC or laptop.
Try the chrome browser, then http://www.filmon.tv/subscriptions/ If that doesn't work, you can use paypal or follow the paypal option, there is a credit card option there, you don't have to go through paypal.

Kind regards,
FilmOn.com Support Team

Offline Cheryl

Re: Filmon-changes
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 08:47:03 AM »
Yes I was gutted last night, I googled it and found out about having to pay. Luckily I can get catchup and all English channels anyway.

Offline Orbito

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »
Looks like it has gone from Kodi as well :(

Offline shiny beast

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 02:15:26 PM »
We had the same problem with Film On last night and also lost Netflix at the same time even though we subscribe.  After that when I tried to look at an irish website (nothing unusual, just a supplier of concrete products) I got a message saying the IP address had been blacklisted.  Haven't found a way to solve this yet.  Has anyone else come across the same problem?
Blacksmith and general builder.

www.steveattwell.com

Offline Victor Meldrew

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 02:54:11 PM »
This is the answer to all your problems in fact better than Filmon http://robssatellitetv.com/watch-channel-4-live-online-stream-watch-uk-tv-free.htm

Offline Brush Strokes

• http://abruzzodecorators.wixsite.com/italy
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 03:57:22 PM »
This is the answer to all your problems in fact better than Filmon http://robssatellitetv.com/watch-channel-4-live-online-stream-watch-uk-tv-free.htm

Just had a quick look at this, first impressions, it looks great. Many thanks Victor for the tip off. Lets up it continues without issues.  :)

Offline Cassius

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 05:20:04 PM »
On the same sort of subject has anyone used a SkyGo account anywhere outside the UK?

Wonder if a VPN would work?

Offline Victor Meldrew

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 05:26:58 PM »
How to watch Sky Go abroad

To watch Sky Go you need to sign up for a VPN and this will let you use your Sky account to watch from anywhere in the world.

A VPN is a small piece of software for your Windows or Mac computer or an app for your Android or iOS device.

A good VPN service should cost from $6.49 which is around £5 and the longer you sign up for the cheaper it becomes.

Follow the instructions below to get a VPN and use it to watch Sky Go abroad.

4 steps on How to watch Sky Go abroad:

Sign up to IPVanish. Don’t worry there’s a 7-day money back guarantee if you’re unhappy.
Download and install their software or app for your desktop, tablet or mobile. You can also alternate between the three.
Choose the location United Kingdom.
Press Connect.
Once connected all you need to do is visit the Sky Go website or launch the Sky Go app.

WATCH SKY GO ABROAD »
Rather than be blocked like you were before you’ll be able to stream all the live and catch-up TV anywhere in the world.

If you get stuck using the IPVanish software or app then take a look at our example video below on how to connect using IPVanish.

Offline Cassius

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 06:48:39 PM »
Wow - Victor

That is very very helpeful

Many thanks

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 07:36:20 PM »
You could also try a DNS Proxy. They tend to be faster because they don't actually reroute your traffic, but also tend to get sussed out and blocked more often. There are ones you can do a free trial on to see how it works. Before I moved over I bought a router from Sabai that has VPN programming built into it. You still need to subscribe to a service, but you can tweak how it works so that only devices that need vpn go through that service.

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 11:47:37 AM »
I almost never used the free Filmon, but some friends asked me to 'sort it out' for them when it stopped on May 1st.

They aren't very good with computers, and they like stuff to work 'the way it always has', so after I had researched the costs of a few VPNs - talk about obscure offers, (though I didn't try IPVanish recommended by Victor Meldrew) - they chose to pay for Filmon which is a quite hefty 14.95 a month. (I think that was Sterling, but it might have been Euro).

As I recall, Filmon say this covers 'three machines', by which I assume you can use the same subscription (simultaneously) on three different IP addresses. If that is a solid promise it makes a difference, and the price looks more affordable. (I have the cheapest Netflix, at €7.66 a month, and really this should only work on one machine at a time as far as I know - but this doesn't seem to be controlled as it hasn't yet 'broken down' even when I know a friend and I have been watching it at the same time.)

The HD on Filmon gives a pretty nice picture! I'll have a look at this robssatellite site, that might be interesting, thanks for the tip.

Offline SALCIM

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 12:50:05 PM »
I've used FilmOn now for about 5 years in Germany (where I work) and have always found it excellent and yes it does work off multiple simultaneous devices quite happily. However, I was appalled at their non-existent communication on the switching off of the free SD streaming and the 50% overnight increase of their subscription fee. I previously did subscribe at 9.95 as that allowed you to record shows as well. Now I've upgraded and have only HD and, as Relaxed said, the quality is very good. The 14.95 package also allows you to record up to 10 hours of programs and the ads are removed. FilmOn combined with Netflix is all I ever use (plus, of course iTunes for latest movie releases!!).

Offline iggle piggle

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 10:19:24 PM »
I've just found www.giniko.com which seems to stream loads of channels live.  You can choose your country!  No idea if there's limited free viewing time or any other problems but worth a try.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 12:06:55 AM »
My filmon on kodi is still working and phoenix is still showing uk tv via filmon.
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Victor Meldrew

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 10:36:24 AM »
Does Kodi work outside UK  or amazon stick ?