Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Shebar  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Cesare Rinato

Re: Shebar
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 10:44:19 PM »
Hi everybody

I haven't posted any recent information about Shebar because the initial prognosis seemed pretty bleak, and for a while it wasn't even clear which hospital or home she could remain in. However, there does seem to be some improvement in both her condition and situation. She has been moved to a Casa di Cura and the doctors there have assured us that she will stay there as long as they believe they are able to help her.  She is still gravely ill but no longer appears to be in a deep coma, When awake she is definitely able to focus her eyes on whoever is talking to her and she appears to respond to what is being said ( especially at the mention of her dog, Leika.) She also appears to be trying to respond both verbally and by squeezing the hands of visitors. This is a considerable improvement from her condition when first admitted to hospital. 

Leika also appears to have happily settled down with a neighbour and her dogs.
A hairy man who is scant of hair

Offline Riso

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2017, 08:09:26 AM »
nice to hear some good news..

Offline Sancho the Phoenix

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2017, 08:09:44 AM »
Good news. Thank you. If she seems to understand, please give her our love and say we're missing her.

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2017, 08:16:11 AM »
I've only just picked up on this story now; what an utterly desperate situation, although there does appear to be some improvement.

Best wishes to all involved; let's hope the improvements continue.

Dear me.
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2017, 08:43:33 AM »
All sounds positive thank God.
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 10:17:22 AM »
Thank you so much for the update.

I was frightened to open this thread this morning because I knew the original prognosis wasn't good. I'm so pleased she's making a recovery and hope she continues to improve. As someone else said please tell her we're rooting for her. I'm sure that knowing her dog is cared for will be a major relief to her.

All very best wishes.

Offline Cassius

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 06:37:26 PM »
Thanks very much for keeping everyone on the forum up to date - it is appreciated. 

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 10:31:51 AM »
Given time, the brain does have the ability to reshuffle to different areas. Its a long process, but enough case studies to show it is normal and not just a miracle. Perhaps, with time, she will 'shush' the chatty crowd again.

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 12:11:45 PM »
Thank you, Cesare, for the update.

Maybe it will be possible, at some point, to take Leika into the care home to 'visit' Shebar? This is something which hospitals/care homes understand can be useful, and they can be quite accommodating. Fingers crossed for her continuing improvement.