Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Shebar  (Read 2338 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Shebar
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »
Thanks for the update, seems like she's getting good treatment.

Some details about Leika could be useful i.e. Male/ female ( assume female from the name but you never know), size, small, medium, large. Used to other dogs etc. In my old house I'd have been able to take Leika but now I'm renting it's not so easy but others npmay be able to offer a temporary home.

Hope we can get something sorted and Shebar is soon on the road to recovery.

Offline La Vigna

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »
Wishing her the very best.

Offline Cesare Rinato

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 10:39:11 AM »
Several people have asked for more information about Leika. ( one of the many things I am unsure about is how she spells her name.) However, we think she is a Labrador and setter cross. She is brown and about the size of a Labrador. She has one eye but that doesn't seem to bother her or cause her any problems. She is 11 years old and as befits a lady of her advanced years she is very easy going. She certainly seems to get along with other dogs without any problems  She has become used to sleeping indoors because Shebar preferred her not to be out at night barking at feral dogs or cinghale

Someone commented on the care Shebar is getting, and i just wanted to say that it has been brilliant. The doctors at Chieti updated us within half-an-hour which I thought compared well will most A & E departments in the U.K. There was a brief delay whilst they sorted out her transfer to the I.C.U in Pescara, bearing in mind this was after midnight. Since then the doctors have been extremely helpful. They have set up a rota for talking to the families of patients in the I.C.U. and provide really clear and detailed briefings about every procedure they are carrying out and the extent of the damage that Shebar has suffered.

If you are worried about being taken ill in Italy I can just say everybody involved has been impressed. Shebar really is receiving very modern and professional treatment
A hairy man who is scant of hair

Offline Orbito

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 11:09:04 AM »
Wishing Shebar all the very best - and it's so wonderful to hear that she is receiving such top notch treatment and care.

Re her dog - I plump for Laika - she is a real sweetheart, very friendly and loves a good head rub and cuddle.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:19:14 AM by Orbito »

Offline Venatore

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 06:43:40 PM »
Best wishes to Shebat. We have never met but her contributions to this forum are always interesting.
V.

Offline Cesare Rinato

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 07:00:46 PM »
Correction. I meant to say Laika is a Alsatian setter cross hence the brown and black colouring

Offline gamechancer

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 07:04:12 PM »
how is she with cats?

Offline Cesare Rinato

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 01:05:38 PM »
 Just a brief update, since there isn't really any new information about Shebar. The doctors are planning to reduce the dosage of sedatives she is receiving which should enable her to recover from the the coma by the end of the week. At that point they will be better able to assess the longer term effects. The friend she was driving to the airport has now returned home safely and her family are staying at her house.

I wanted to let you know that the issue with Laika has been resolved. A lady that lives nearby has agreed with Shebar's brothers to come in once or twice a day to ensure Laika has food and water and that she has the opportunity for sufficient exercise. This seems the best possible solution in the short term since Laika can remain in familiar surrounding

Thanks for all your messages of help and support. I am sure Shebar will be touched by your response

Regards

Ed     
Several people have asked for more information about Leika. ( one of the many things I am unsure about is how she spells her name.) However, we think she is a Labrador and setter cross. She is brown and about the size of a Labrador. She has one eye but that doesn't seem to bother her or cause her any problems. She is 11 years old and as befits a lady of her advanced years she is very easy going. She certainly seems to get along with other dogs without any problems  She has become used to sleeping indoors because Shebar preferred her not to be out at night barking at feral dogs or cinghale

Someone commented on the care Shebar is getting, and i just wanted to say that it has been brilliant. The doctors at Chieti updated us within half-an-hour which I thought compared well will most A & E departments in the U.K. There was a brief delay whilst they sorted out her transfer to the I.C.U in Pescara, bearing in mind this was after midnight. Since then the doctors have been extremely helpful. They have set up a rota for talking to the families of patients in the I.C.U. and provide really clear and detailed briefings about every procedure they are carrying out and the extent of the damage that Shebar has suffered.

If you are worried about being taken ill in Italy I can just say everybody involved has been impressed. Shebar really is receiving very modern and professional treatment

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2017, 10:42:20 PM »
Thanks for keeping us informed. Everything crossed for Shebar.

Offline Brush Strokes

• http://abruzzodecorators.wixsite.com/italy
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 05:16:24 PM »
Thanks for the update Cesare R.

Good to hear something has been sorted with regard to Laika.

Please do update us as and when, thanks.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 01:56:46 PM »
Any more news? Hoping she's making a good recovery.

Offline Cesare Rinato

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 06:07:03 PM »
Hi guys

Several people have asked for information about Shebar's progress so here is a quick update. She remains in a deep natural coma. This is now not medically induced since her Doctors are no longer giving her any sedatives. Last week they conducted a tracheotomy to assist her breathing and she is now breathing normally without the aid of a respirator. The I.C.U. at Pescara conducted a further scan on her at the weekend which indicated there was no need for further neurological intervention and as a result she was transferred to Lanciano hospital which is much closer to her home and her friends. However, this is only an interim step whilst they seek a longer term place in a rehabilitation centre, probably at Chieti or Vasto. They were planning to transfer her yesterday but her temperature was elevated and they were concerned she had a slight infection which they wanted to eradicate  before moving her.  The good news is that people who visited her today felt that her pallor had improved and that her skin felt more normal to the touch. She is also now opening her eyes. However, the doctors remain unable to provide any definite prognosis. They are simply unable to predict when she will recover from her coma and what the long term effects of this incident might be.

Two of Shebar's brothers spent nearly two weeks here visiting Shelagh and ensuring that all issues in her day-to-day and financial affairs were addressed. They also arranged care for Liaka.  A neighbour will visit the house once or twice a day to ensure Laika is fed, watered and gets sufficient exercise. Currently one of Shebar's oldest friends is staying here and is visiting her in hospital regularly.

Thanks again for all your good wishes. I am sure she will be deeply touched to hear of your support when she awakens

Regards

Ed

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 07:33:33 PM »
Thank you, sounds positive, everything crossed.

Offline Brush Strokes

• http://abruzzodecorators.wixsite.com/italy
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 07:38:01 PM »
Good news so far and all sounding a little more positive than previously. Thanks for the update.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2017, 12:20:50 PM »
That all sounds positive. I imagine the road is long for Shebar but as long as positive news keeps coming we can hope she makes a full recovery.
Sending love and best wishes and I look forward to the day you are well enough to have a go at me on this forum  :)
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk