Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Postage or courier  (Read 286 times)

Offline shiny beast

Postage or courier
« on: April 19, 2017, 08:57:23 PM »
Does anybody know of a good cheep courier service for small packages. I've just started making jewellery and TNT are quoting 22 for a bracelet that weighs 100 grams. I have heard there's a place in Pescara where you can drop things off. Does anybody know anything about this or have any other suggestions. The other alternative is to try the postal service but as far as I've heard I may be as well to make the stuff and just sling it up the garden  :)
Blacksmith and general builder.

www.steveattwell.com

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
Re: Postage or courier
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 06:28:02 AM »
If you are posting small packages within Italy then the prices are reasonable with the post office. Outside of Italy, or via courier, and your business model may fall flat.  It's really very expensive indeed.
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 08:54:04 AM »
MBE (Mail Boxes Etc) is in Pescara, ask them for a quote.

This is a place where you 'drop stuff off', and the customer picks them up at their local depot. They are a lot cheaper than TNT or similar, certainly for larger parcels. I have never had any trouble with them - they are as speedy as TNT or others, and they allow tracking, and so long as your customers are happy to pick the parcel up themselves they might be affordable.

https://www.mbe.it/en

Offline shiny beast

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 10:32:43 AM »
Thanks for that  :)
Blacksmith and general builder.

www.steveattwell.com