Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Spring is in the air  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Relaxed

Spring is in the air
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:51:15 AM »
I couldn't hear myself think this morning - there was such a row coming from all sorts of birds twittering away in the trees opposite.

It took me a while to realise that the decibel level was through the roof because I had the window open  :)  to warm up the house!

Must go and buy some compost now to repot some plants which have gone mad with joy - I should have done it last week, it's too hot to do anything outside between midday and four o'clock; in March!

thediggers

Re: Spring is in the air
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:54:01 PM »
.. and two swallows yesterday afternoon...

Offline PJM

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 03:22:08 AM »
Not in the uk !!!

Offline Mike E

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 08:43:22 AM »
Not in Civitella Casanova today either. Only 5 degrees and hail earlier. Very strong winds so not much being done outside today.

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 08:16:28 PM »
This is a windy place at that! Some nice howling winds through the narrow streets a week ago here in Casalanguida. However the spring bulbs are starting to pop up all over and about half the trees are really starting to leaf out. People are coming back outside blinking in the bright sun. Having begun our time here in what has been one of the more severe winters in a while, we are enjoying the change to primavera.