Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: A14 closed just before Ancona  (Read 570 times)

Offline Casey Jones

A14 closed just before Ancona
« on: March 09, 2017, 06:53:42 PM »
Bridge collapses, sadly killing two people from Ascoli

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39218467
Steamin' and a rollin'

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: A14 closed just before Ancona
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 09:55:58 AM »
Pour souls, also three critically injured. Talk about wrong place, wrong time!

Offline Cassius

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 11:00:10 AM »
It really makes one think - driven up and down that road so many times.

Offline RedSauce

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 05:42:04 PM »
Apologies ! As normal I've had a bit of a search without finding what I was after.

Does anyone know for sure the latest rules and procedures for a resident changing from an expiring UK driving licence to an Italian one ?

I have a EU card type English licence but it is due to 'expire' in about a years time. I'm thinking of changing it to an Italian equivalent,

Thanks as always,

RedS

thediggers

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 11:15:37 PM »
RS this might just not be quite the right post for this....  ;) but have you had a look at this UK gov site? A couple of people we know went to the local ACI and they sorted it but it did take months and months...

thediggers

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 11:54:41 PM »
I've not read this LINK fully as there are 4 parts and it may be better to do so in the morning... ::) But it may also be of some help to RS and/or amusing.

Online Relaxed

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 12:09:03 AM »
It shouldn't take very long (less than a month) to get a UK licence converted to an Italian one. You may well need a 'medical' - which means you tick a lot of boxes and submit to an easy eye test, but your local ACI office will have a tame medic onside one day a fortnight, at least. It'll cost you about 50 for five minutes of the medic's time.
This does depend on whether your UK licence is your first licence: if, perchance, you have 'converted' it before (maybe as an Aussie...) they'll knock you back.
Best advice is to consult your local ACI office, make sure your licence is convertible, and (maybe do this quickly, before Brexit happens). Then - God knows!
I have an Italian licence, converted from a UK licence, so if I'm eventually forced by this mad May person to relocate myself to the UK, I have this ghastly notion that the UK is going to say, haha, that licence has already been 'converted' so 'you'  need to take a UK driving test!!
So, think it through. I promise you it is much easier to blag the  Italian polstrad than the employees of the private company entitled (by the privatisation crazy UK govts) to stress you out. Those folk are hugely rude and unpleasant, the polstrad are sweethearts!

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 07:40:27 AM »
As usual, every office seems to do it differently and ask a different amount of money. We have a driving school on our road so they did the leg-work for us. We did need to provide an Italian translation of our UK licenses though.
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.