Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Horse racing - Lanciano  (Read 1694 times)

Offline SuperRam

Horse racing - Lanciano
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:17:50 AM »
ore 15/19 CORSE AL GALOPPO/ Villa delle Rose
When we have told some people that we go to the horse racing in Lanciano, they usually look at us in disbelief and say they have never heard of it unless they are from the Lanciano area.
Anyway, as part of the ongoing Festa, there is horse racing in the stadium at the top of the town between 3.00pm and 7.00pm today, Monday 8th September.
The horses and riders simply hurtle round a circuit as fast as possible trying to progress form the heats towards the final. There are more than a few thrills and spills as they crash into each other ( you may recognise some of the riders as your favourite local Italian drivers) and it is a very colourful spectacle.
I don't know if this a one-off event to Lanciano today, but I have not heard of similar in other towns in Abruzzolutely. So where else could you see this. There is also the other aspects of the day's celebrations to enjoy.
Enjoy it if you can get there.
SuperRam.

Offline nil satis

Re: Horse racing - Lanciano
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:11:48 AM »
Typical I always seem to miss out on stuff like this as I left on Monday the 8th  :(

Offline bernard

Re: Horse racing - Lanciano
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »
As an ulternative you could try Pony Trotting in Pescara. It is a good night out and a very useful restaurant. Races I think are every week.

Bernie