Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Enel - compensation for power outage  (Read 946 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Enel - compensation for power outage
« on: February 08, 2017, 08:12:58 AM »
Bad weather, Enel: extra compensation and reparations in Abruzzo and Marche
Following the exceptional wave of bad weather that struck the Marche and Abruzzo in recent weeks, Enel undertakes to pay to customers, in addition to automatic compensation provided by the authority for electricity and gas, additional compensation for damages incurred as a result of the power outage. The form for the request can be made at the counters of Pescara, Teramo and Chieti, Ascoli Piceno.

http://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/cronaca/maltempo-enel-indennizzi-extra-e-risarcimenti-in-abruzzo-e-marche_3055726-201702a.shtml

Offline rsetzer99

Re: Enel - compensation for power outage
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »
I had thought for a while that the on-off, on-off had damaged one of my wall mounted climate units as it would no longer turn on. Then, last week, I flicked a wall switch I had forgot about and heard a 'beep' from the other room. After a short face palm, I was relieved that I had not called for service.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »

This is the form you need for damage claims against ENEL. Sorry it's in image form, this is how I received it.

N.B.you have 90 days from the initial loss of power in which to claim so don't miss the deadline

Offline Allora

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »
Has any one received this compensation as I was notified in May of the compensation amount, filled in and returned the enclosed forms but nothing has arrived in my Italian bank account!   ???

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 04:59:18 PM »
I think Some have, some are still waiting. Fir example, the compensation for my rental arrived over a month ago but the compensation for my house is still not here. They have got in a muddle in my case by offering credit off future bills but as Ive now closed the account.....

In fact, Ive recently ditched ENEL altogether and moved to ENI, which do both gas and electric. Ill let you know if they are any better😬

Offline Orbito

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 01:28:28 AM »
I got a letter a few months ago which said go to the post office with the usual documentation, and I got 100 back. Didn't request it and couldn't believe how simple it was.

But don't get me started on pet passports....

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 11:14:38 AM »
Well, having written to me, 3 times, to tell me they would pay 300 compensation for 9 days without electricity, they have now paid 90 into my bank account. Whats happened to the other 210 I wonder?

Offline GeordieBorn

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 12:24:16 PM »
On our bills they first off told us we were getting 300, then an additional 30. For a few bills (2-3) they simply deducted the bill amount from our in credit account, then with 252 or so still in credit they sent us a cheque (we do not pay DD) for that amount and we've been back to normal bill since (August). All in all, including paying in a cheque, no hassle at all and very nice to have such serice - and the cash of course!

NB No letters and no form to fill in?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:26:43 PM by GeordieBorn »

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 09:47:43 AM »
Our refund has been a bit of a complex affair. We were given some credit against a future bill many months ago but then we were notified of a 2nd amount (48 I think) & for this we were told to go to a bar in the village & get the refund from there.  ??? The trouble was, when we got there, they couldn't help us without a Tessera Sanitaria card, which we don't have (I've just posted about this on a different thread). We went to an Enel office to see if they could just credit the amount but needless to say they couldn't....

So, we need to get our Sanitaira cards anyway, so this will give us the motivation to get them sorted.
In Abruzzo since March 2013