Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Outages?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Orbito

Re: Outages?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 01:54:24 PM »
Happy to report that it's all fixed now. Because of the leak in the radiator, the water pressure had dropped too low and the boiler switched off - the things I'm learning! :D

thediggers

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »
Orbito, if you have had a leak on the rad, it's probably the boiler pressure has went down causing the boiler outage. It will need to be topped up, depending on the type of boiler, it may well be straightforward to fix - fingers crossed!

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 12:26:15 AM »
Water has been on in Casalanguida since about noon today, and is staying on. Pressure is low, but at least its running.

It appears one of the factors is that there are a good number of closed up houses in these villages, and some of them are leaking, which, combined with the problem they are having with the main line, is making a big headache for everyone.

Of course, every plus seen to need a negative this month. Snow is coming down pretty hard again. Ah, well, come April, will forget all about it ever snowing.

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 01:40:51 PM »
Does anyone have a working link for ACA's website? We currently have some water "issues" here (cloudy / brown water coming through slowly in most of the house, none at all in the kitchen) which I think may be a home-made problem but I'd like to discount supply issues first. Whenever I click on an ACA webpage (via google) I get an error message.

Thanks.
In Abruzzo since March 2013

thediggers

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 06:15:47 PM »
 Ask your neighbours, failing that ask at the comune. ACA last I heard were in serious financial trouble and Iíve not heard since to the contrary. The bills we have had, or not as the case may be, have been very erratic, but someone is still getting paid on the direct debit we have. Best of luck trying to contact them as I reckon other than finding out if any office is still open and getting there, it will not happen. Do pass on the information here if you do manage to get something done - best of luck!

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 07:44:39 PM »
Last I heard the ACA office in Penne is open on Wednesdays. It's often best to get face to face with someone, then they can't hang up on you!

Offline Rustychain

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 10:26:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. We'll try to get across to Penne and see where we get to...
In Abruzzo since March 2013

Offline old timer

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 10:03:19 AM »
The ACA office in Penne is supposed to be open on Monday and Wednesday but is often not open. There are often quite a lot of people trying to get problems solved.