Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Residency and Brexit  (Read 940 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Residency and Brexit
« on: December 21, 2016, 12:04:40 PM »
Because I've temporarily moved house I've had to sort out residency and have found out some things others may find useful.

1. If you've been here for a while, check your residency declaration. It's all changed now but back then residency was only granted for a number of years and had to be renewed. If you find your document is out of date, go to the Anagrafa at your comune and ask for a certificate of permanent residence. It's a useful bit of paper to have for when Brexit actually happens.

2. I have been told that once the UK leaves Europe, wee Brits will have to go and make a declaration at the Questura as non European citizens. This should be just a formality. However no one could tell me if the triggering of Article 50 or after the two years of negotiation will be the point at which the uk will be deemed to have left.

3. I have also been informed that although the UK is still in Europe, the comune will no longer grant new residency and any new applicants must first go to the Questura.

What fun!!

Offline Relaxed

Re: Residency and Brexit
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 01:25:19 AM »
 "I have been told that once the UK leaves Europe, wee Brits will have to go and make a declaration...."

And what about larger Brits?  ::)

(Sorry)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 08:13:00 AM »
 ;D

Offline RedSauce

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 11:36:32 AM »
Yo relaxed  ............very sharp !

RedS  🎅