Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: TIM PAYG sim - PrimeGo added WARNING  (Read 808 times)

thediggers

TIM PAYG sim - PrimeGo added WARNING
« on: October 13, 2016, 03:41:12 PM »
 We've had this PAYG sim for quite some time now and use it infrequently. A while back I registered it with the TIM site so I could check now and then to top-up as if you don’t in a 12-18 month period the sim is killed, it can be revived, but it costs… Anyway I’ve not been checking of late, but did today and found they have been taking €0.49 per week off it since July for some new package (Prime Go) they introduced to rip you off…. I spotted on their site a help chat option and thought I’d give it a go. First off my Italian is crap enough and second typing it would never work. So I started on the chat “Do you have anyone who speaks English please”, in English of course… Reply a few moments later “what number is it about”! Okay after this person (they don’t have an identity) told me it’s new and part of the basic package I told them I’m not paying TIM €2 per month almost for nothing – remove it please! To my surprise they did, there and then… Okay it took an hour or so to disappear of my account. So a warning for anyone with a TIM sim, check what’s coming off. The chat bit is also something worth looking at for any other company site you go on if your Italian is not up to a call. Use it and see if they have anyone that can help you as it saved us a long trip to the nearest TIM shop  :D

Offline Orbito

Re: TIM PAYG sim - PrimeGo added WARNING
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 04:10:05 PM »
Thanks The Diggers - I just went to check but can't login.

Tried to login to the MyMobile section, it didn't like my password, so I tried to retrieve the password, and it kept going to a Chrome site saying TIM was using an unsecure protocol, and it won't go any further. Did the same thing when I tried to re-register. Any thoughts?

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 04:27:46 PM »
You should be able to open Chrome to visit the site. Settings, Advanced Settings, Under "Privacy," uncheck the box next to "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites."

Recheck the box when you are done with your business with TIM.

Offline Orbito

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 04:49:35 PM »
Thanks Rsetzer that worked.

And yes Prime Go is on my account too - sorry to be a pain but The Diggers where exactly was the chat button you found? On the TIM homepage I can see a Headset Woman icon on the right but that's to call me back about buying new products.

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 05:59:25 PM »
I believe you can get rid of Prime Go by ringing 409162 (from the cellphone which has this useless 'service'). I'm also told that pressing 2 2 1 1 7 in response to the messages is what you have to do, (but I wouldn't guarantee this is still the case, so you had better listen to them.)
I'm also told that you can now get rid of it via www.tim.it/primego but I haven't tried.
I have as little as possible to do with TIM, though some hours a month are spent sorting out other people's horror stories with the very nice lady in the local TIM shop, who completely agrees with me that Vodafone is 100% better in every way!
The app MyTimMobile on a smartphone works marginally better than the website - just ignore all the error messages, and don't try on a Sunday.

Offline Article

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »
I'm having a bit of a time with TIM myself... :)

Internet failed 4 days ago for some reason. I tried all the usual re-boots etc but to no avail.
Reported it to TIM shop in mall....can't remember the Mall name. The guy said someone would ring me or call in 48 hours to check the external connection. Zilch....the best guy I have come across from TIM is Alberto in Auchan Mall. Today he told me I have to make a call to TIM to have the line tested. I was truly amazed by the first guy's lies. so I'm piggy backing off the mobile data right now

thediggers

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 07:03:37 PM »
Thanks Rsetzer that worked.

And yes Prime Go is on my account too - sorry to be a pain but The Diggers where exactly was the chat button you found? On the TIM homepage I can see a Headset Woman icon on the right but that's to call me back about buying new products.

No problem Orbito. Log on then click on the "Servizi" tab and right hand side in the middle should be a sideways tab asking if you need help, click that and away you go. I did look at the primego page that Relaxed mentions this morning, but there was so much rubbish there I give up. However I think looking again now there was a "Modify profile button" where it looks like you may be able to do this on-line without the chat.. I dare not proceed in case they switch this PrimeGo crap back on. I agree with Relax they are perhaps to be avoided, but WIND are no better and if you can't get Vodafone or their package is no good you could be stuck with them... Also in this day and age your mobile number becomes god with it being linked to security aspects, hate to have to find out how easy (NOT) it is to move it from one company to another!

thediggers

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 07:08:17 PM »
I'm having a bit of a time with TIM myself... :)

Internet failed 4 days ago for some reason. I tried all the usual re-boots etc but to no avail.
Reported it to TIM shop in mall....can't remember the Mall name. The guy said someone would ring me or call in 48 hours to check the external connection. Zilch....the best guy I have come across from TIM is Alberto in Auchan Mall. Today he told me I have to make a call to TIM to have the line tested. I was truly amazed by the first guy's lies. so I'm piggy backing off the mobile data right now

Guess we are talking landline here? We also have such (for now) and have on a couple of occasions had to raise faults and have to say they don't (or didn't) rate to badly. These can be done on-line, where also your line can be tested by hitting the "test my line" button. If it fails you can raise a ticket (fault) and again I have to say they followed it up and fixed it pretty quick!

thediggers

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 07:46:06 PM »
Had another look at the PrimeGo page and this time clicked on the "clicca qui" (in faded grey) just above the FAQ and woe and behold if you do so you get a pop-up (well you do now on FireFox) overlayed on the page at the top with a  "Cambia Profilo" button. It looks like you may be able to switch this PrimeGo off there. Suspect you have to be logged in on the TIM mobile site  to get this to work (I was).

Offline Article

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 12:09:45 AM »
Thank you The Diggers. If I can just get into my TIM account online I'll do what you say. I thought I knew the password but.... NO...
I'm on the ropes here.

Offline maritodi

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 04:53:26 AM »
Just a tip guys for when google chrome is blocking things, switch back to internet explorer and the problem usually goes away. I use chrome but fall back on this when required.

Offline Orbito

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »
Thanks all for your great assistance!

thediggers

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 09:25:48 AM »
Thank you The Diggers. If I can just get into my TIM account online I'll do what you say. I thought I knew the password but.... NO...
I'm on the ropes here.

Perhaps you are doing as I do often I try to sign on to my mobile account when the landline (Fisso) tab is highlighted!  ;D