Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Interpreter WANTED URGENTLY  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Lois Lane

Interpreter WANTED URGENTLY
« on: September 27, 2016, 08:47:02 AM »
Hi all
 I have recently sold a property. The signing takes place tomorrow ( 28 Sept) at the notaio Maria Russo in Pescara at 9am

The translator I had booked has cancelled so I need someone really urgently to accompany me. 

I am told  that this person does not have to be an official translator, just someone with good language skills.

If anyone knows anyone who might be able to help, please let me know

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:54:16 AM by Lois Lane »

Offline scrittore

• It's not my fault!
Re: Interpreter WANTED URGENTLY
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 09:28:07 AM »
a few years ago we used an English chap called Simon Pool for our translation don't know if he is still around but just dug out his old phone no,. just in case it is any use.  (number sent via pm) . Hope you find someone.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:52:45 AM by levissima »

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 11:23:15 AM »
Good luck with finding someone, but first of all I would have a chat with the notaio so you are sure you know what is required.

The written atto may need to be translated into written English, and it is better not to have to do this 'on the fly' in the notaio's office. (I speak from experience, here!) If it has already been translated that's much better, because all your interpreter will need to do is to make sure the translation is correct and that you have understood it.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:31:07 PM »
I do hope you got sorted out in time. Just for future anyone who is asked to do this should do so with great caution unless they are familiar with the whole legal process and terms and obviously good with the language!
I would always recommend that the document is translated by the translator NOT another person, so if it has been prepared for you, I would recommend you double check the Italian contract. I say this because you will swear in front of the Notary that what you are translating is a true copy of the written Italian, you will also be asked for your proof of identity and your details will appear on the sale deed as translator. If you mis understand something or don't translate something correctly and there is a discrepancy at a later date, YOU the translator are held responsible if it is something you have not translated correctly or something you have missed, this could create huge problems for someone later in life, you are not just signing for that day, you are taking responsibility for life. 
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Lois Lane

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 05:03:23 PM »
thank you all for the advice and the Pm's for names of translators.

Everything went smoothly this morning and the deed was done! 

:)