Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Access problems  (Read 775 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Access problems
« on: September 05, 2016, 09:21:47 AM »
I am hearing that some people are having problems accessing the forum. Obviously if they can't access the forum,,they won't see this but I hope that those of you who can will pass on the info.

We had lots of problems with our host server, who we discovered were doing rather strange things in the background, ostensibly in an attempt to keep the forum running.

One of the things they did was to block some IP addresses, this came to light when they blocked me!

We have dispensed with their services and moved the forum to a new host, during the move we had to disentangle the Domain name and for a period of time Google didn't find the actual Abruzzolutely site. I've checked this morning and it now comes up for me on a Google search. If this is not the case for others, I suggest they avoid Google and type www.abruzzolutely.com directly into the search box, this should take you to the home page,,from which you can navigate to the forum.

Others are finding that they can not log in, this may be because their user account has somehow been lost, either in the move to new software or the more recent move. Or that they have changed their email address without changing it on their abruzzolutely account, which means new passwords are sent to the old address and people do not receive them. The easiest solution is to reregistering a new account and start again.

Finally some people can't find the forum at all, not even as a guest. I can only assume that their IP address has been blocked in the same way mine was. If they send me an email to admin@abruzzolutely.com , with their IP address, I (or rather The Kid) can look into this for them.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience and hope that the new host server will be much better than the old one and that things will run more smoothly in future.

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
Re: Access problems
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 10:41:39 AM »
Thanks for sorting this out -if I've been away from wi fi for a bit I always look in on this forum to see what's going on!
a third rate mind follows the crowd

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 05:59:04 AM »
Oh dear, spoke too soon!

Apologies for the recent down time, this time it was our fault. In an attempt to improve access we did a little twiddling, thankfully the kid has managed to knit it all back together and it should be better now.

Thanks Kid for all the hours you've put in to fixing this👍🏻

Offline tobylap

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 07:59:30 AM »
Thanks, Kid, are you available for rental? ;D

Offline Orbito

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 11:28:55 AM »
Yes thanks The Kid, well done for sorting it out all!