Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Buses out of Pescara Airport  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
Buses out of Pescara Airport
« on: July 06, 2016, 06:31:47 AM »
Last time we looked there were no direct buses from Pescara airport to Sulmona.  So where is the station in Pescara where you change?  I suspect it's easier to get a taxi into Pescara and then a bus out again rather than expect buses to coincide nicely.  Any clues?  Are there actually any buses from the airport?  Really don't like the ARPA website :(  If no one knows, I will ring or go to a good ol' fashioned travel agency here to ask them.  Thank you!
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

thediggers

Re: Buses out of Pescara Airport
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 10:04:17 AM »
There is/was a bus from the airport into Pescara bus station, it was every 15 minutes, but think it does not call into the airport later on at night. This is the web site for the company GTM. A taxi is quoted on the airport site as 20 to Pescara centra. The bus is said to be 1.10.

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 10:48:40 AM »
Perfect.  Thank you.
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:46:54 PM »
The taxi is 20eu. Took it back and forth during my trip in May. Quick trip, about 10 min.

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 09:44:01 AM »
The 38 bus is very frequent at the airport and goes to the Train/Bus station but if you have a ticket and the bus is a 'normal bus' they all go up the main road towards Chieti ( for Sulmona ) so I just wait at the stop outside Auchan.
a third rate mind follows the crowd