Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Insurance for rental property here in Abruzzo  (Read 861 times)

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
Insurance for rental property here in Abruzzo
« on: July 03, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »
Our broker here in Sulmona is being a little dull and I'm a bit fed up with chasing him to be honest.  Does anyone else out there have a policy that covers their rental property? Public liability more important than anything else.  We are not after a UK policy aimed at holiday home owners abroad but something the permanent residents here have on their rental property.  Any ideas?  Available online?  If not I'll just go to another broker.  Thanks!
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
Re: Insurance for rental property here in Abruzzo
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:27:15 PM »
direct line do them if you are resident
a third rate mind follows the crowd

Offline Braveheart

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 06:11:31 PM »
No Direct Line do not cover public liability insurance for rental properties, resident or not.

Offline Jdalts

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 06:20:48 PM »
Just looking at this thread again. I also need public liability Insurance for a rental property. Can anyone offer any recommendations?
Anyone have a uk policy that covers holiday homes? I am struggling to find something suitable.

Thanks

Offline PJM

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 04:24:49 AM »
I use Intersure for my holiday home and they also cover earthquake. Pamela

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 07:47:47 AM »
We went with Intasure in the end.
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline The Saint

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 10:18:21 AM »
I found Intasure too expensive and got an alternative, but just as comprehensive policy elsewhere. Can't remember the exact costs but was nearly 50% cheaper  :)

Offline shiny beast

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 10:43:53 AM »
I found Intasure too expensive and got an alternative, but just as comprehensive policy elsewhere. Can't remember the exact costs but was nearly 50% cheaper  :)

What's the name of the company please?
Blacksmith and general builder.

www.steveattwell.com

Offline The Saint

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 04:17:10 PM »

What's the name of the company please?

Ahh, I knew somebody would ask, but I intentionally left the name off, as embarrassingly I can't remember.  :-[

Before I lived here virtually full time, I had a couple who managed my house for me, for my holiday changeovers, advertising my holiday home, sorting out IMU etc., etc., and that also included arranging an alternative house insurance when Intasure just got too expensive.  ???

However all my paperwork is in the UK and I am here,  :(  but all is not lost, I'm meeting the guy who arranged the insurance for a pint on Saturday night so I'll see if he can remember and let you know.  :)

Offline Jdalts

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 06:58:39 PM »
Hi, i managed to buy some insurance in the UK. I too found Intasure very expensive and they seemed to be obsessed with what i kept in my barn!!. I used a company called Insurance for holiday homes. www.insuranceforholidayhomes.co.uk. They were very helpful and were half the price of intasure.

Offline PJM

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 11:52:48 PM »
Just make sure the cheaper ones have earthquake cover. I found when I was looking some companies wouldn't cover this.

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 06:25:07 AM »
Our insurance policy is principally for public liability but it does cover contents as well. Our building insurance is covered by the condominium policy as we live (and also have our vacation rental) in a palazzo. Earthquake cover comes and goes - with good reason. If it is available then that would suggest that the underwriters consider it low risk I guess. All policies have a hundred and five loopholes so I would be suspicious of anything that is simply too cheap.

Offline The Saint

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 08:38:11 AM »
My policy is underwritten by Zurich and I know for a fact this policy is at the very least like for like compared to the policy I had with Intasure.

I wholeheartedly agree care needs to be taken when changing policy.

I don't have earthquake cover although that was offered as an extra coat, but I didn't have it with Intasure.