Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Metamorphosis Beyond The Shape - Art Exhibition in Pescara  (Read 847 times)

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
Metamorphosis Beyond The Shape - Art Exhibition in Pescara
« on: June 21, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
If you are in and around Pescara over the next week, try to catch this exhibition.  It's a preview of a big art project / exhibition we are holding in Sulmona next year as part of the celebrations for the 2000th anniversary of the death of Ovid. It features works by artists from all over Abruzzo.  We hope you enjoy it and your support would be appreciated.
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
Re: Metamorphosis Beyond The Shape - Art Exhibition in Pescara
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:23:33 PM »
Sadly we missed this but I'd love to know more about what is planned for next year as we are both very interested in Ovid and will tie in our stay to coincide with any events we'd like -my partner has actually produced a book ( Ovid's " King Picus ", taken from Book XIV of the Metamorphoses) with his own wood cuts which is now in The British Library in London.

If you know if the organizers are planning any Art Exhibitions with professional artists please could you send me a pm and I can pass the details on to my partner?

If anyone is interested

http://www.andrewwaddington.co.uk/Artist-Book
a third rate mind follows the crowd

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »
Thanks for your reply Dolce - most of the participating artists in Beyond The Shape are also professional artists - primarily from Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.  Many of them exhibit abroad too.  There will be plenty going on next year but the programme has been slow in taking shape - mostly for reasons of funding...  I'll do my best to publish here if  I can.  In any case, it will all be on our website www.welcometosulmona.com and on our Facebook page of the same name.  Thanks for your interest.
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.

Agent Orange

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 04:30:29 PM »

Sadly I too missed it. I'm a great fan of Ovid, I've got all his records. I missed it due to an important visit to the bar.

( no serious replies please )

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 03:52:58 PM »
Great it sounds really interesting and I'm so glad to see that Ovid is going to be drawing in the crowds even if Agent Orange isn't going to be able to make it and will I am sure be missed ;D

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 09:18:33 PM »
Does Ovid have a particular significance for Sulmona/Abruzzo? (Just asking out of interest and ignorance!)

Offline Shebar

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 09:23:44 PM »

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 06:09:40 AM »
Thanks Shebar.  It's one of the things Sulmona is most proud of (including confetti, Pope Celestino V, red garlic and of course Nicole Tuzzi) but something that is not widely known if you are not Italian or a classicist.  The 2000th anniversary of his death next year should be a big deal but various projects are stumbling due to lack of adequate funding.  We now have a new mayor here and she has a strong bias towards supporting tourism projects (well - shouldn't they all?) so we are hopeful of rabbits and hats.  Watch this space...

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »
Thanks for that - I did know about both the confetti and the red garlic, but I'd no idea that it was the birthplace of Ovid.

I hope the festival takes off, and is a success.

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:20 PM »
“Happy is the man who has broken the chains which hurt the mind, and has given up worrying once and for all.”
"Be patient and tough; one day this pain will be useful to you.”
― Ovid, Metamorphoses