Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Storms  (Read 3041 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Storms
« on: May 29, 2016, 09:39:47 AM »

thediggers

Re: Storms
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 11:09:03 AM »
Well most forecasts show nothing, but this Accuweather forecast for near your area Levi (and a lot of others) could cause a few problems if it happens. Think it best be sure and get things tucked away this afternoon  :-\

Offline Grimsby Ranger

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 11:52:06 AM »
Well most forecasts show nothing, but this Accuweather forecast for near your area Levi (and a lot of others) could cause a few problems if it happens. Think it best be sure and get things tucked away this afternoon  :-\

All a bit dramatic, just missing pestilence off the list  ;D

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 04:18:31 PM »
Well, that's put an end to the cherries!

Big storm here with huge hail stones, knocked hell out of the plants, and just as I was thinking how good the olive trees were looking!

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 12:21:59 AM »
But it's all so local!

I'm on plant watering duties for a friend less than 4km away, but I have learnt that I drive off in full sun, and after 1km the roads are drenched wet, and when I arrive it's release the rain from the pergola rather than water the plants. Hail is a bugger though, but with any luck the olives won't suffer too much at this time of year.

My smartphone weather app keeps alerting me to 'breaking news' about floods and pestilence - so I've turned those notifications off. What will be will be, (and these plastic roofs which all cars seem to have these days are very resilient).

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 10:55:46 AM »
Finally found a way to link to my video.

https://youtu.be/BzxM8VVHmKI

I think this was fairly localised but it's devastated the grapes, tomatoes, and olive flowers all round here.

thediggers

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 11:53:51 AM »
Look like there is more going off around you now Levi... Thunderstorms from France down over seem worse than ever this year.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 10:00:27 AM »
The forecast for Teramo area on Friday and Saturday is interesting, best be prepared⛈⚡️⛈

thediggers

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 10:46:29 AM »
The good side of it, for those not on holiday of course, is the drop in temperature. A couple of forecasts are for it to be below 20c... !

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 03:38:54 PM »
Just had an incredible storm here near Bisenti (TE), about five minutes with no break between lightening and thunder, knocked out the electricity. Still raining but I think the worst has passed, looks like it's heading towards the coast.

No need to water tonight 😉

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 01:02:31 PM »
Looks like a big change here from Monday  :-\    Guess it's gardening this weekend ready for the downpours  8)
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk