Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Flies  (Read 2316 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Flies
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 11:12:27 AM »

Offline Orbito

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 06:59:48 PM »
We use red top fly catchers. They are free delivery from the UK and they really work. The flies are attracted to the smell of them which is pretty disgusting so you need to put them a little away from the house. I was dubious but they really work. I have had one up since march and it is full!! You will probably need 2 or 3 to see you through the summer.

http://www.redtopflycatcher.co.uk/

Hi Jdalts - just reporting back, my red top fly catcher is up and ready to receive! Will let you know I get on - but again many thanks for the info!

Offline Berti

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 09:49:11 PM »
We took yoour advice too and in 2 days have hundreds in there, definitely cut down number coming onto patio, lots about at min with fields being cut / harvested

thediggers

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 10:47:54 PM »
We use red top fly catchers. They are free delivery from the UK and they really work. The flies are attracted to the smell of them which is pretty disgusting so you need to put them a little away from the house. I was dubious but they really work. I have had one up since march and it is full!! You will probably need 2 or 3 to see you through the summer.

http://www.redtopflycatcher.co.uk/

Hi Jdalts - just reporting back, my red top fly catcher is up and ready to receive! Will let you know I get on - but again many thanks for the info!

Can't imagine you are still having a problem with this as there has been so many (normal month to month) changes since the original post. Currently we have "lines" , small beetle type flying insects that can get in your glass i.e. they don't bite... But on the bright side the stinky bugs seem to have disappeared for at least a month or two...

Offline Orbito

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 12:05:16 AM »
LOADS of flies. A friend came by with his daughter, she spent the entire visit swatting!

I don't think any of them had a Trump-like face - but who knows with flies?  :D

Offline Jdalts

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 08:54:30 AM »
We took yoour advice too and in 2 days have hundreds in there, definitely cut down number coming onto patio, lots about at min with fields being cut / harvested

Glad to be of help, they are both brillliant and quite disgusting in equal measure. Whilst not very attractive we can at least eat our breakfast outside withiout being bombarded with flies.

Offline Orbito

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 10:54:01 AM »
These things are fabulous! I can't see a single fly inside the house this morning  :)