Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Ritorno!  (Read 1032 times)

Offline nickbeddows

Ritorno!
« on: May 13, 2016, 05:28:32 PM »
Hi there

Just wanted to say Hi,really.

I used to lurk and occasionally post here under another nom de plume but was away for a couple of years. Now I'm back and finally have the funds to finish off my lovely little house near Civitaquana.

I've been coming to Abruzzo for ten years and have made many Italian friends, particularly my adorable neighbours. The daughters call me their 'Papa inglese'. I intend to live and work there for a couple of months a year and rent it out the rest of the time.

Couple of Qs, does anyone have experience of renting out to skiers? Passso Lanciano's about 50 mins from my house and wanted to target winter visitors as well as summer ones.

I really feel we have stumbled upon the most beautiful and largely unspoilt Italian region with stunning landscapes, amazing beaches along the trabocchi coast, fab frescoes in little visited churches, gorgeous food and wine and the friendliest of locals. I can't wait to finally spend a decent amount of time there and deepen an already strong connection with Abruzzo.

Arrivederci
N

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: Ritorno!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 10:05:14 AM »
Welcome back ;)

I'm afraid I can't help with your question about renting to skiers but hopefully someone else will.

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 09:15:19 AM »
Look in the threads where we have discussed rental income/renting holiday homes etc and I'm sure that you'll find much useful info.

50 mins is quite a long time to drive to Passo Lanciano ( or did you mean 5 ?).

My friend has tried to rent her home which is only 15 mins away and has had to give up and let it to a family member.

Basically the people that I know who have been successful put a HUGE amount of work into it using face book and instagram daily taking pictures to keep people interested and even writing blogs.

Perhaps there would be a niche market you could get into if you equipped the house specially for skiers?
a third rate mind follows the crowd

Offline nickbeddows

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 09:09:36 PM »
Hi there

Thanks for the reply. Can't believe after 10 years I'm finally going to be able to finish the place. I can't afford not to rent it out, so will look in appropriate threads, as you suggest.
piacere
N

thediggers

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 09:28:06 PM »
Best of luck Nick.

Offline nickbeddows

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 01:11:34 AM »

Thanks, looking forward to reading and contributing here a lot more as I spend more time, money and effort in Abruzzo. It's seemed almost an unreal experience, too much of a dream for 10 years, now, finally becoming a reality. I have fantastic Italian neighbours who are good friends as well as in the nearby village and feel so lucky to have found the perfect place in the perfect spot, albeit needing lots of TLC.

I mentor 2 Abruzzo neighbouring students online through their English exams and really looking forward to integrating more into this rustic, seasonally, reality based lifestyle.

I'll be posting more and asking Qs no doubt, so thanks in advance for your kind help. Looking to going out to brief the geometra in the next couple of weeks, work permitting, so will let you guys know how it goes and ask for your help as we go. Hopefully offering insights for others too.
Piacere
N

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 09:24:17 AM »
Good luck with it all Nick I hope this rain isn't putting the brakes on too much

We are over for 3 weeks and I'm so glad I have wellies here I certainly need them today!

a third rate mind follows the crowd

Offline Orbito

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 10:16:55 AM »
Hi Nick and welcome back!

I moved here three months ago after many years of dreaming and scheming lol, and apart from a few small hiccups, everything is going wonderfully  ;D

I wish you all the best with your house and your Abruzzo adventure!