Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Ristorante Tosto, Atri (TE)  (Read 800 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Ristorante Tosto, Atri (TE)
« on: May 13, 2016, 09:01:45 AM »
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1078174-d6721110-Reviews-Tosto-Atri_Province_of_Teramo_Abruzzo.html

If you are looking for something a bit different you might enjoy eating here.

The food is much more "fine dining" than the usual fare. Imaginative, visually beautiful and delicious dishes. Watch out if you really don't like liquorice and expect to pay quite a bit more for a different experience.

The restaurant is set out in modern, clean lines within a beautifully restored vaulted ceilings. There is a tasting menu available at 35 a head,,offering two antipasti, primo, secondo and dolce but this is only if the whole table orders, otherwise the menu comprises about 5 choices for each course.

The waiting staff (when I was there) speak no English and some of the dishes are a little hard to guess from their description "love in Purgatory" (eggs in a tomato sauce).

There was only one other couple there on the night I went so I hope that they can manage to keep going, especially as there was a throng of people at the pizzeria we walked past on the way back to the car 😊

Offline Tartufa

• Welcome To Sulmona
Re: Ristorante Tosto, Atri (TE)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 10:31:14 AM »
Thanks for the review Levi. The bit that made me laugh was 'Love in Purgatory'.  Eggs in Purgatory is one of our favourite 'ops there's no food in the house' dishes and Nigella does a splendid version too.  Somehow 'uova' must have ended up as 'love'.   :-\
www.welcometosulmona.com The only English language insiders' guide to Sulmona and the Valle Peligna.