Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Sicily by Car  (Read 1189 times)

Offline The Clear Morning

Sicily by Car
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:35:01 PM »
Has anyone else had a bad experience with this car hire company based in Pescara airport?  We hired a car from them in February and the day before we returned the car, they took 4p from our credit card.  The day after we returned the car they took 34.47 from our credit card.   There was no communication from them as to why they did this, the car was full of petrol and undamaged. 

Offline La Vigna

Re: Sicily by Car
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 01:10:09 AM »
We have used them many times without a problem. Maybe the 4p was done on checked by validity of account when they notionally take a deposit and did you take out their additional insurance to cover the excess in case of accident. We always tell them we have our own annual cover so don't want it from them. Or did you have an extra driver or chains maybe?

Offline scrittore

• It's not my fault!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 08:43:19 AM »
we havent used them , but the last time we hired a car at Pescara, on that occasion in with  the flight booking, we were charged an extra 39.00 euros when we got back home. When we questioned it we were told it was a 'standard' charge for refuelling even if the car was full on return, but this only applied to bookings made thru Ryanair. Not if booked direct with the company. We wouldn't book thru them again ...... :(     it is on the small print somewhere I believe. Maybe this is something similar?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:44:53 AM by scrittore »

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 10:03:17 AM »
Yes me and I did post in October a warning not to use them! I used booked them through rentalcars and now use ryanair who will advertise cars from them but personally I'd opt for a more expensive rental.
a third rate mind follows the crowd

Offline The Clear Morning

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 08:58:01 PM »
Thanks for your informative replies.
We are travelling into Pescara airport on Saturday, so we are going to ask at the office for Sicily by Car about these extra charges and see how far we get.

Offline La Vigna

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 11:36:52 PM »
Good luck, hope you get a favourable outcome.