Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Hello from Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Clive Oldfield

Hello from Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire
« on: March 10, 2016, 12:55:06 AM »
Just thought we had better introduce ourselves before the barrage of questions! We are Clive & Denise, and live over in Hebden Bridge at the moment. We hope to be moving over to Italy soon. We have seen a property in Scerni that we like, and which we plan to make an offer for. Does anyone live near the area? Thanks

Offline Nickyl

Re: Hello from Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 01:55:27 AM »
Hi Clive & Denise
We have a place in the next village and have quite a few friends who live in  Scerni
If we can help with anything let us know
Nicky

Offline Bubo

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 07:07:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I do not live near where you are planning to buy, but have family in Bingley, hope it all goes well for you!

Offline Orbito

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 09:28:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum! I moved to the Lanciano area 3 weeks ago so shout if you have any questions, and good luck with the house buying!  :)

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »
welcome  i have several freinds who live in that area    it wont be long before you bump intoi them  not to many english  in that area  A3

Offline Il Siberia

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 03:53:06 PM »
Hi,

We have a house nearby but are mainly spend holiday time out there but ma from Yorkshire originally. There seem to be more and more around Scerni/Atessa region which is nice and good for the local businesses. This forum is good for helping you get started. All the best & keep us posted on your move.

Offline Clive Oldfield

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 11:24:46 PM »
Thanks for your posts. We are back over on the 7th of April, and have decided to fly to Rome this time, hire a car from there and drive across. We saw lots and lots of different types of houses the last time we came in January. We stayed in Montesilvano, and looked from Le Marche to Busso, near Campobasso, but both fell in love with Vasto  :D

Offline tobylap

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 08:27:36 AM »
Welcome and Vasto is awesome. I've been here 3 years and if you choose Vasto, let me know.

Offline Nakiska12

• Majella Garden
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 09:28:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum, some good stuff on here, you should find it useful. If you find yourself in the Chieti (Rapino) region, give us a shout for a coffee. My Mum's family are from Todmorden...
Love many, trust a few, always paddle your own canoe….

www.homeaway.co.uk/1427729
Facebook - Majella Garden holiday apartment

Offline redslk

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 11:11:59 PM »
hope your property search is going well, we are from Bacup so not that far in blighty, let us know how you got on.

Andy

Offline Clive Oldfield

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 11:04:51 PM »
Hi Andy.  We bought a house near Scerni and will move out there shortly. I know Bacup as I have family who live in Whitwoth and Shawforth. Small world. Where abouts  in Abruzzo are you? Always nice to know where people are. As you can imagine its raining here which is something I will sorely miss, Lol.  Clive ( with wife Denise who is from Littleboro)

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 06:08:06 PM »
My wife and I, a couple of Yanks, have purchased a house not to far up the road in Casalanguida. We will be arriving in December. Look forward to meeting up with you sometime.

Offline Clive Oldfield

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 08:18:47 PM »
Look forward to it. We'll be living in a tiny caravan for a while so won't be doing much entertaining but always a bar or the beach.