Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Flights from Rome to pescara  (Read 6580 times)

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
Re: Flights from Rome to pescara
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 07:41:19 AM »
RomeTony was right http://www.pescaranews.net/notizie/attualita/13039/caos-aeroporto-alitalia-sospende-il-volo-pescara-roma

The problem for me with this flight is that the road links are so good, by the time you check in etc you can be almost in Rome, the fact that they wanted to try and encourage people to fly to other worldwide destinations is hampered by Alitalia's prices compared to other airlines. After two new flights introduced to Pescara it is a blow to loose one but hopefully Ryanair will see this as positive as they like to be the only airline in the village.
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 07:42:15 AM »
Whoops we posted at the same time Agent Orange!

Offline Mammamia

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 10:00:49 AM »

..... the fact that they wanted to try and encourage people to fly to other worldwide destinations is hampered by Alitalia's prices compared to other airlines.

Have you really being following prices to other destinations around the world and know this for a fact?

I have. I've been following prices for the last 6 months to Buenos Aires from PSR, Alitalia business class is cheaper than both Lufthansa via FRA and the dreaded BA from LHR. PLUS, their long haul business class is an excellent product. I also mentioned in another post that my PSR/FCO return leg of a journey only added €7.50 to the total cost of the flight. Okay, you have to change aircraft in Rome but bags are checked through to final destination, so it really isn't a problem.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:03:04 AM by Mammamia »

thediggers

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 10:30:28 AM »
It's a great shame for Abruzzo and us as it was a very good alternative. I wonder if they will be scrapping all these local flights as Perugia has similar? I notice their web site is still showing flights for the route in May, not went as far as to try to book mind you.

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2016, 12:46:47 PM »
I have been looking at flights to Dubai and the far east and find them more expensive than Emirates, my business partner  has been looking at options for new York and Las Vegas and found them more expensive. I have no doubt they will out cheaper for some flights but there must be a reason why they are dropping the flight. My feeling is the transport links to Rome from Abruzzo, it is so easy to go by coach or car.
It is a great shame but I think the chance of Ryanair not flying is a more serious issue for the region.

thediggers

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 10:52:50 AM »
It's strange that both alitalia and booking.com are coming up with flights from Pescara to Rome right up to September, have they changed their minds?

Offline Mammamia

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 09:09:24 AM »
Hi Diggers

Unfortunately, I got 2 emails last night from AL. Looks like the PSR/FCO flight is cancelled. For our flight in May, they offered OB via LIN and return with a bus from FCO which gets into PSR at 01:10 . Needless to say, we've requested a refund  >:(

thediggers

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 11:25:18 PM »
Thanks Mammamia, so it looks like they are taking your money, then cancelling your flights! Just had a look and a flight is shown as landed 14:50 today in Pescara from Rome, odd...

Offline rsetzer99

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2016, 11:54:17 PM »
I have a May flight Genova to Pescara that goes Genova-Rome-Pescara. Just got an email yesterday that said the flight is changed to a later flight, but they list an arrival at a non-existant PXC airport code.

I think I should contact Alitalia and see getting them to refund and just take the train.

Offline Mammamia

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 07:58:22 AM »
but they list an arrival at a non-existant PXC airport code.

I had that one, mine was a bus transfer arriving in PSR at 0100 hrs. I called yesterday for a refund and they said they'd email when it was processed. I believe they have 7 days to grace to do that according to CAA rules. Should also mention that if you are travelling within 15 days then you are entitled to compensation.

Offline cpa21

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 11:52:25 PM »
My arriving bus gets to Pescara at 6:15 - a little later than the 2PM bus from Fiumicino.  It's the return - 4:45 AM from Pescara back to the airport.

As a practical matter flying from Abruzzo back to the US always had issues because most flights leave before noon.  If you plan on taking the bus it will always need to be an early bus.  The standard travel time from Chieti Scalo is 3 hours and 30 minutes.  If you build in another two hours for the airport and delays you would need a bus run 5 1/2 hours before departure.  Of course the bus company builds its own time table.  As it happens I have flights to Miami at 10:40 AM.  Checking the Pronto bus schedule I would need to take the 4:15 AM  bus from Chieti Scalo to make my flight.  Alitalia is giving me a better schedule!

My standard practice was to take the bus to the airport the day before and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. 

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 07:21:51 AM »
Can you fly to Miami from Milan? The flight from Pescara to Milan runs everyday (I think) could this be an option for you ?

PS reading my response on the other thread sounds like I am being a bit off with you, this was not my intention  :)

Offline cpa21

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 07:49:33 AM »
I could always get a refund but with less than three weeks to go the new flights would be a lot more expensive.  Air Berlin flies to Milan with one stop but then I would have a very long layover.  For some stupid reason Air Berlin from Miami to Milan is 904 but from Miami to Pescara is 7,500.

Short answer:  I can complain but I better get up early enough to catch that 4:45 AM Bus

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 08:38:29 AM »
I've  travelled on the early bus and it was really very civilised. I went from Val Vomano on the northern route to Rome. The cafe where you get the bus was open so we could get a cappuccino before boarding. Once on the bus everyone settled down, some had pillows, the driver turned all the lights off, drove very smoothly and most people slept all the way, waking in Rome at 7am ready to face the day.