Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: La Pantera Rosa  (Read 1782 times)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
La Pantera Rosa
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:05:15 PM »
 https://www.facebook.com/Ristorante-La-Pantera-Rosa-1682291805349348/

Whoopee, it's reopening.

For anyone who remembers, and for those who missed it before, the food is fantastic! I highly recommend :)

Offline superman

• van2europe
Re: La Pantera Rosa
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »
How experiences can be different Levi.  Next to the uncooked pizza I had in Montisilvano which was sent back, the worst meal I have ever had in Italy was in La Pantera Rosa.    But it was about three weeks before it closed and has been now shut for several years. I am told the original owner now has dementia so it must be a new proprietor and I will certainly give it a try. Hopefully it will be better than Mario's quantity over quality 
European courier and UK Italy removals
www.van2europe.co.uk

email: van2europe@gmail.com

tel: 3927841285 (Italy)    07925 346046 (UK)

Offline the wrong side of the valley

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 11:07:15 PM »
We took my father there back in the days when it was still good, he liked the pasta so much that he insisted that we go back the next day for more, and he is Italian.

I think that Mr Superman visited after the owner had left and had started letting it to some other.  I stand to be corrected, but I think the changeover to the worse was about 7 or 8 years ago?

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 11:25:08 PM »
The original owners retired, then leased the restaurant to someone else, who made a bit of a hash of things - probably they were running it when Superman went there. Now it's being reopened by the original owners daughter, and it was she who cooked the pasta in the 'old days'. She's a fantastic cook and I've been lucky enough to sample her cooking often over the years because she's my next door neighbour :)

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:59:52 AM »
I've just spoken with my neighbour, who informs me the inorgrial opening is on 5 March and everyone is welcome to come and sample the menu.

Also on their Facebook page ( link in first post) they have published the menu for Festa Della Donna on 8 March.

Offline levissima

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 05:23:13 PM »
I went to the opening of this restaurant last night, there must have been about 500 people there, cars parked all along the roads. The food was buffet style so although very good not representative of a restaurant meal.

I think it's going to be very popular so if you want to go, I'd advise ringing first. There is a link to their Facebook page in a previous post.