Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Roccarasso  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Venatore

Re: Roccarasso
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 08:54:48 AM »
Ovindoli if fine for a couple of days and it looks like half the trails are open though snow depth is not great. Its getting quite warm here some days so its hard to imagine another big dump but who knows! If its any consolation I have heard from friends in Austria who say its wet grey blizzards there and they can't ski either.
V.

Offline Jeanie B

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 11:53:35 AM »
Hi Venatore, thanks again for the info, i'm sure we can cope with Italian sunshine for a few days either way!  :)The Italians are pretty good at keeping strips of something to ski on even when surrounded by green grass! If the temperatures fall over night I guess most of the bigger resorts have 'snow making', We have been over the same week the last two years and there was just so much snow, but each year is different. We are only over for three days so if by chance we manage a couple of afternoons it will be a bonus  ;)

Offline Venatore

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 11:16:30 PM »
I know Jeanie, what a difference a year makes! We were skiing today and its hanging in there with light snow showers and yes its got canons for when the temperature drops. Interestingly heard lots of English voices this year which is unusual so hope the blip in the weather doesn't scare them off.
V.