Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: carnevale  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Newstart

• Live Love Laugh
carnevale
« on: January 20, 2016, 06:36:51 PM »
We are visiting Italy from 6 to 20 February and I know it will be carnival time ...can anyone suggest the best places to go.... To see the beauty of the typical Italian carnival ....I have seen some information about Francavilla de mare...but cannot find a lot about it.
Any suggestions would be great
And we will be staying near Roscalegna. Can anyone also advise the best places to go for a days skiing. I ski reasonably well but as we are house hunting I won't have a lot of time for indulging myself ...
Many thanks
Newstart

Offline levissima

• Administrator
Re: carnevale
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 01:43:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :)

I'm bumping your post in the hope that people from the Chieti region will see it and reply before it gets buried in other posts.

Hope you get some answeres

Offline Lola

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 02:54:03 PM »
Roccaraso would be a good bet for a day's skiing or Passa Lanciano. I live in Francavilla and the carnevale is usually very good ( so I'm told, as I haven't actually been for years). It runs for several days in the old town. There are so many properties for sale at the moment that you probably won't have time for skiing! Good Luck.
Never make eye contact with weirdos.

Offline Newstart

• Live Love Laugh
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 02:59:14 PM »
 ;)Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
I can see this site is going to be an invaluable resource for us.
Have you got an other advice for us? with reference to the house hunting..
I think I will have to go skiing on Sunday, although I know that is always the busiest day.

thanks again 
Newstart

Offline Bubo

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 03:41:55 PM »
Do not feel under pressure to buy a house. Most are empty for a long time, and research the area for typical prices that match the property you are interested In, make sure you are not paying too much for it. Many people are desperate to sell or rent as they most likely have inherited the house and are having to pay 2nd home tax. So room for negotiation. If wanting to relocate full time, try renting, again cheap to do this, and you then can see if the particular town is right for you.

Offline Newstart

• Live Love Laugh
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 04:00:07 PM »
thank you for your advice.
We are going to have to think long and hard about the decision to finally uproot ourselves and leave England, although for me it will be easier, as there is so much I know I will slot back into relatively easily...not forgetting of course the pace at which things get done...!
There are a lot of houses in certain areas like Roscaspinalveti  and it is important for us to make up our minds when we get there that the houses we have fallen in love with on the internet really will be able to provide us with a home, and ultimately form the basis of an income too.
Although it is fulfilling a  dream on my part to return my spectacles are merely for reading and not rose tinted... (although just a little perhaps!!)
many thanks once again for your supportive words
Newstart

Offline Vignaverde

• Vignaverde Srl
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 04:01:55 PM »
;)Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
I can see this site is going to be an invaluable resource for us.
Have you got an other advice for us? with reference to the house hunting..
I think I will have to go skiing on Sunday, although I know that is always the busiest day.

thanks again

Firstly welcome to the Forum, I am sure you will find it a very helpful place  :)
I am not sure if you have booked in to see houses with us as I don't know your real name ! If you are interested you can take a look at our website below.
Sunday's at the ski resorts will be very very busy especially around the Roccarasso area (which would be easy for you to get to) this is because many people come from Naples to ski especially at the weekend. I would strongly advise you put a side a day through the week as you will be able to miss the ques and really make the most of the great skiing there.

With regards to 'carnevale' you will find it is mainly for children to get dressed up and go to parties or around the local towns spraying foam on each other! Not many towns do any of the traditional style festas but Roccascalegna may do, I have heard of the one at Francavilla but I have never been. It is not carnival time as we know it so you may not find floats, processions etc etc.

I am sure you will have a great time here and Roccascalegna is a great spot, if you want any tips on where to visit please feel free to get in touch, when it comes to property viewing I would say have an open mind and look at all types of properties, the house and the area will feel right to you and you only and as long as you are using registered people you will have no problems at all  :)
Estate agents in Abruzzo www.vignaverde.com
Day seminar event in the UK www.liveladolcevita.co.uk

Offline Newstart

• Live Love Laugh
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 04:28:28 PM »
THANK YOU ... for your comments and support.
Newstart

Offline Shebar

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 04:50:44 PM »
I just received a newsletter from Prontobus which google kindly translated ....

CARNIVAL PUTIGNANO

Prontobus the February 7, 2016  brings   the carnival of Putignano (BA), one of the most famous and oldest carnivals in Italy.

Also this year the appointment in Putignano with the floats and the art of papier mache. Traditionally, this event has ancient origins that date back to the late fourteenth century.  L 'edition number 622 offers parades, parties in the streets and narrow streets of the picturesque town.   The typical mask of the Carnival is Farinella, whose name derives from the local dish. Free day to watch the parade of floats and to visit the town. Late afternoon departure for the way back. Discover with us the course of the best Carnival Masked Puglia 2016 !!!

Portion reserved for subscribers Prontobus € 24.90

for information tel 085413705
in collaboration with the agency Frentania Pescara that providing technical support. You are receiving this email because 'you subscribed to the newsletter Prontobus. 

Prontobus Ltd.
Meadows Road 4, Pescara 
+39329 8631455 info@prontobusitalia.it

Offline Newstart

• Live Love Laugh
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 08:36:48 PM »
thank you
Newstart