Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Condensing boiler  (Read 980 times)

Offline Bubo

Condensing boiler
« on: January 19, 2016, 01:31:11 PM »
A friend of mine who has just moved here needs a new boiler urgently. Can anyone recommend a company in the Chieti/Casoli area. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:57:56 PM by levissima »

thediggers

Re: Condensing boiler
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 02:39:58 PM »
I would guess in this weather it would be urgent! Can't help you specifically, but normally if you rush these things it costs a lot. Assume they have town gas if they are thinking of a condensing boiler (which I've not seen here)? Else it will be very expensive to run and cost even more in the long run. If you have local plumber fitting it (which I would reckon here these days that you have to), then I would ask them where to buy. Quicker alternatives I would think would be a wood burner with a back boiler or if only for domestic hot water a one that runs off a small gas bottle, which they do sell here (Leroy, Brico Mercatone if still going) or even an electric water heater. Long term either of these would act as backup.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:57:36 PM by levissima »

Offline Brush Strokes

• http://abruzzodecorators.wixsite.com/italy
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 02:47:41 PM »
A good, registered heating guy is Carlo di Battista from Palombaro. If you want his number send me a message
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:56:38 PM by levissima »

Offline Cesare Rinato

Re: Condensing boilet
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 03:01:13 PM »
I live in a new build apartment in Castel Frentano. My condenser boiler was installed by Roberto Crognale who has done all the subsequent obligatory safety checks etc every two years since he installed it 7 years ago. Cell. 3473330100 or home 087244862.
A hairy man who is scant of hair

Offline Bubo

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 05:36:32 PM »
Thank you for the info, will pass on.

Offline Venatore

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 10:38:04 PM »
When I had my central heating installed a year ago there was real bewilderment as to why I wanted a condensing boiler in preference. As to requesting a balanced flue, this required a lot of translating involving drawings and even then the installer still put in a separate vent because it was 'required'
V.