Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: aca security deposit  (Read 1658 times)

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
aca security deposit
« on: January 16, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »
Not sure I can understand the letter that came with the most recent water bill from aca?

''the security deposit and determined as the value of the fees due for a maximum of three monthly annual consumption attributable to the user and with reference to the previous calendar year where available"

I translated this part but am not sure if they are asking me to make a security deposit and how to do this?
a third rate mind follows the crowd

Offline Relaxed

Re: aca security deposit
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 08:20:52 PM »

I think (from what you say) you already have a water supply, in which case you have probably already paid a cautionary deposit (they just tack this sum onto your first bill). If you never paid a deposit, it is possible that aca have only just got round to asking for these deposits, in which case it will (almost certainly) be added to your next bill. If you have, in the past, paid a cautionary deposit, I'd ignore the paragraph (unless you have recently revoked a direct debit authority) on the basis that they have simply changed the 'terms of agreement' and it is irrelevant to you.

If it is a new contract, they will add to your first bill the cautionary 'deposit' (value about 1/4 of your anticipated yearly consumption). You can often avoid having to pay this by setting up a direct debit.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 08:22:35 PM by Relaxed »

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:33:47 AM »
Thanks.

We were paying for water at the comune but now its changed to aca and I seem to get a bill every 4 months.
I don't want to pay by dd as the bank charge for these.

thediggers

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 12:09:38 PM »
DV it may be difficult to see if you paid a deposit when you took over the bills, however Relaxed description is exactly what happened when we signed up with ACA when buying, they took a 100 (or 200) deposit. Because it is so difficult to pay ACA when out of the country by any other means, as we do with other utilities. We reluctantly decided after a few years to pay them by DD, we don't get any bank charges for this. It took over a year for them to take any payment and more than that to send us a bill. However this may have had something to do with problems they have had finacially or the fact they paid back the deposit.  I don't know if it is of any help, but we too had some notice came with a bill last August. It was only a google translation, but it seemed to me it was simply saying legislation had changed regards to rules around the deposit. As we were DD by then and our deposit had been repaid to us I assumed this was just a general blanket notification of the legislation change. This is an extract of the translation we had:-

Article 2, paragraph 37 of Law 481/95, we should provide some information on the new provisions concerning the governing of the security deposit, which came into effect from June 1, 2014 and which will apply to contracts already in place throughout the country.

It may help track down more information or others may know the answer.

Offline dolcevita

• myabruzzohome
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 06:59:30 PM »
Thanks for that I'll checxk my bank won't charge me!

Offline Relaxed

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 11:56:17 PM »
The bank will probably charge you in the region of 1.50 per direct debit. If you pay in the post office they'll charge you....wait for it....1.50! This is the way it works in Italy - why should you get a cheaper rate by letting the bank 'queue in the post office' on your behalf?

But when the diggers say 'it may be difficult to work out if you've already paid a deposit' - that's generous! It's effing impossible.

thediggers

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 09:37:54 AM »

But when the diggers say 'it may be difficult to work out if you've already paid a deposit' - that's generous! It's effing impossible.

Not quite lax it did actually appear on our first bill as "Altre voci esenti IVA (vedi retro)" and on the back is an entry
"ADDD - Addebito deposito   E.  100,00 E15". I'm assuming where you are things are different i.e. not ACA. Sorry for not putting this before, but I had to dig out the original bill to find out...