Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: Sourcing new parts... A lesson learnt!  (Read 1290 times)

Offline MagicKingdom

Sourcing new parts... A lesson learnt!
« on: December 18, 2015, 11:55:51 AM »
Sadly our turbo died in our car and after waiting 2 days for the garage to tell me that the turbo was broken.... Yes the same thing I told them, I asked them to pull their finger out and get a new one for me... Of course this would take weeks and when they finally came back with a price it was 997 plus tax and labour!...needless to say I nearly fell over...

I asked for the part number instead and had a look on eBay.it and quickly found multiple options in Germany with a delivery time of 3 days and a delivery cost of 16.90... So all in the part delivered cost me 295 euros....

Maybe this is because we have a Hyundai H1 which is not common here, but regardless it was a lesson I thought I'd share in case anyone else is getting seemingly extortionate prices for parts from their mechanics....

Let's just hope they get it sorted super fast now so we can get back on the road without having to hire something for next week.... For those expecting turkeys by the way....don't worry even if I have to find a reindeer and sleigh they will arrive with you on the promised day!

R 😀

Offline linsead oil

Re: Sourcing new parts... A lesson learnt!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 02:03:46 PM »
you should have gone to spec savers   , or at5 least to our  honest english speaking  on  board mecanic   luigi  aka  gbatt 9  as many on here can vouch  for he is as honest as the day is long  A3

Offline Brush Strokes

• http://abruzzodecorators.wixsite.com/italy
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 07:41:22 PM »

Let's just hope they get it sorted super fast now so we can get back on the road without having to hire something for next week.... For those expecting turkeys by the way....don't worry even if I have to find a reindeer and sleigh they will arrive with you on the promised day!

R 😀

Phew........has visions of beans on toast for Christmas dinner. :)

Offline Lois Lane

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 09:36:46 AM »
Can we have an update please about collecting the turkeys?  Several of us have been emailing  but had no reply.

Are we on for collection tomorrow?