Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: docters and presciption charges  (Read 948 times)

Offline linsead oil

docters and presciption charges
« on: August 27, 2014, 09:33:09 PM »
when youve found your self a  good family docter here you will find the set up is better and more freindly and more easely acesed than in the  uk

for one there is no dragon  on rthe reseption  desk you wait your  turn , and when you get in to his surgery he has time for you 
he will even ring spechalists for you  while you are there  , and  you can chat and joke  , well we can with ours  . you can ring him on his moble or house phone night or day  . how good is that .

moving on to presrition charges , how much are they in the uk  now . her we pay nothing  for genectic medisen  and only 30 cents or 50 for expencive meds
we can ring our  spechalists on there mobles  , ie surgens or  eye surgens   any of them  how werd is that  to the english sythtem

the hospitals are so clean you could eat your dinner of the floor  . each floor  has its own cleaner and each ward allso  every ward is wet cleaned from floor to ceiling twice a day   coridors   like the forth bridge they start  one end  and keep going  round 

no subcontract cleaners  they are all employed  by the hospital direct

so all in all we are very happy with health care   ,not happy delighted  is more like it even the cottage hospitals are well run

Offline Cheryl

Re: docters and presciption charges
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:43:25 PM »
Hopefully we can access this great medical care when we are sorted, red is going to solve all our problems ....aren't you red.....lol

Offline Sunshine

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:24:41 PM »
That's good to know Linsead, and I'm a bit surprised - i wouldn't have expected that.

Hope I don't need their services for a long while yet though  ;)

Offline Cassius

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 12:26:18 AM »
I do think you are being a bit unfair here Linsead.  Not all NHS surgeries and hospitals are Daily Mail horror stories.  I am NOT going to bore everyone with stories of how wonderfully my parents have been and still are treated in England.  I am sure that there are wonderful doctors here, but not all medical staff in Britain are lazy, slovenly or stupid.  True prescription charges are expensive (although I don't think pensioners pay) but remember that 12 paracetemol or nurofen cost less than 50p in England.  Things are done differently here, not that's not necessarily the only way. 

Offline Allan Mason

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 12:42:48 AM »
Our Italian GP is a lovely chap, but he seems to see his role to be writing prescriptions for whatever patients ask for (within reason), to issue tickets for reduced rate tests and scans pretty much on demand and to refer patients to whatever consultant they feel they need to see.

I'm not saying he's an idiot, but I don't think he was ever the sharpest knife in the drawer and he's now reached the point where he seems to be just marking time until he can retire.

Our view is not unique. In fact, we have heard much more strongly expressed negative views from people in the local village. We know that some make a point of going to the Guardia Medica post in the evening for fairly routine issues because they are convinced the GP on duty there is much more competent.

Although we hadn't had much contact with the GP up to that point, we thought he was okay until our daughter became seriously ill with a vomiting and diarrhea virus when she was five years old. Because we were without a car at that point, we went to the GP at his surgery in the local village rather than asking someone to take us to a pediatrician half an hour away. The GP prescribed various things, but when a friend took the script to a chemist, they refused to supply the drugs because they were not suitable for a small child.

It's a blindingly obvious statement, but there are rubbish medics in Italy and Britain just as there are highly skilled, experienced and dedicated medics in both countries.

Al