Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: What to do if you are involved in an accident  (Read 1068 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Christoforo

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 239
What to do if you are involved in an accident
« on: November 20, 2015, 04:25:35 PM »
After a minor incident in an Italian  car park (no damage/injury) .. I realised that I am not sure what the correct actions are if there were a more serious incident including damage/injury.

Is there an equivalent of exchanging insurance details?

When should police be informed?

Is it the same as UK in that there is a difference between highway and 'private' land (e.g. carpark)?

Offline linsead oil

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 809
Re: What to do if you are involved in an accident
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 05:45:13 PM »
dexange details fill out a form which all italian insurers  isue   it has details  to fill in of both drivers plus space to scetch   the place it happened  position of cars  ect borth drivers should sign this 

normaly the only time you call the cops is if sombodey is ingered  but dont take any   bul from the other driver like iam going to call the cops then they scarper its hapened to us he buggered of pretended to call cops  but they did  not come   , we went to hospital   they filled out a form and toll the cops who traced the driver  who had no insurance ect   but he got fined we got  a small damges for ingeries   and got the car repared  without losing  our no claim bonus  so carry a form  to report and sign  A3 oh and hope  he is insured  if you dont have italian insurance