Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: snow tyres or chains  (Read 1325 times)

Offline linsead oil

snow tyres or chains
« on: November 15, 2015, 10:07:16 PM »
dont forget as from today  its a legal requrement  to have chains on  board   or snow tyes fitted to your  car  . and what ive seen the cops are exspecting to make lots of money  in fines do to the hot weather  we are having  people wont fit there tyres  to soon cus they wear out to quike  A3

Offline Shebar

Re: snow tyres or chains
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 10:21:39 PM »
Useful reminder linsead.  I got my winter tyres fitted a couple of weeks ago when I had my revisione done, but I'm sure this post will just run on forever.....??? ???

Offline Hagbean

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 11:51:34 PM »
Useful reminder linsead.  I got my winter tyres fitted a couple of weeks ago when I had my revisione done, but I'm sure this post will just run on forever.....??? ???
I hope so! ;D
HB

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 08:33:38 AM »
I hope so! ;D
HB
   A3 A3 A3

Offline maritodi

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 11:21:11 AM »
Are snow chains effective, or just there for if you get into real trouble? Mine still have the outer packaging on!

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 11:56:24 AM »
Hope if we ever get stopped we don't get asked to put them on, must be a knack in doing it, tried for ages one year and failed, mind you the car was in two foot of snow.

Offline Lui

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 01:30:27 PM »
I've found snow chains very effective maritodi and yes Cheryl they are a P.I.T.A. to put on and take off. I practised a few times before last winter when the weather was as nice as it is today and kind of got the knack with them before having to do it in gloves and kneeling in snow in a freezing blizzard.

Offline Chillout

• Tutto Italy
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 04:31:45 PM »
Thanks for the reminder. I have the chains in the boot of my car but luckily have never had to use them.
The label states that they are quick fitting chains but it sounds like a good idea to practise beforehand.  :)

Offline Red Mistral

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 05:33:56 PM »
Hope if we ever get stopped we don't get asked to put them on, must be a knack in doing it, tried for ages one year and failed, mind you the car was in two foot of snow.

Cheryl

If you need a hand to try on your chains, give us a shout-before it snows!

Offline Cesare Rinato

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 07:01:37 PM »
I gave up trying to fit snow chains. I go to the gommista and he changes my summer tyres for winter and vice versa. Then he keeps the tyres I am not using until the next year. This also forces me to look at the condition of my tyres every 6 months.

So I just sit there with my feet up drinking his coffee whilst he does all the work. Equally this means I can get my car out of my steep drive without too much effort, until the snow gets over a metre.  In which case, I light a fire and drink my own coffee, suitably fortified.
A hairy man who is scant of hair