Please register if you want to contribute!

Author Topic: unwanted seach engine  (Read 2610 times)

Offline linsead oil

unwanted seach engine
« on: August 24, 2014, 04:48:50 PM »
yesterday i tryed to do an innercent thing . to down load an instruction  book  in english  for a micro wave 

what di i get somthing that booted out google crome  and set it selve  up as my seach engine and allso it keeps teling me  i have a trogen horse   but  kasper sky tells me iam clean and ive done all the scans   , but still got this bloody www. trovi  .com  how do i get rid of it   in laymens terms  written slow cus i dont read fast 

could be one for the diggers or  the kid   or a big hammer  :'( :'(

thediggers

Re: unwanted seach engine
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »
yesterday i tryed to do an innercent thing . to down load an instruction  book  in english  for a micro wave what di i get somthing that booted out google crome  and set it selve  up as my seach engine and allso it keeps teling me  i have a trogen horse   but  kasper sky tells me iam clean and ive done all the scans   , but still got this bloody www. trovi  .com  how do i get rid of it   in laymens terms  written slow cus i dont read fast could be one for the diggers or  the kid   or a big hammer  :'( :'(

Try this http://www.tomsguide.com/us/trovi-search-remove-how-to,news-19130.html

thediggers

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »
Linsead, did you get this fixed?  :)

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 05:42:18 PM »
no i tryed till my fingers  blead for two days its still there  but ive got rid of Google crome now iam having no truble  as it seemed lincked to Google grome  we shal see  if not il get Young antony to help  me  he is 8  . no just jokeing hes my tenico from  computer discount dam nice Young fella 

oh and thanks for the link  but i dare not try it case it  got worse  , just spent two  days  downloading  updates from   Windows   

Offline Caerus

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 06:30:25 PM »
no i tryed till my fingers  blead for two days its still there  but ive got rid of Google crome now iam having no truble  as it seemed lincked to Google grome  we shal see  if not il get Young antony to help  me  he is 8  . no just jokeing hes my tenico from  computer discount dam nice Young fella 

oh and thanks for the link  but i dare not try it case it  got worse  , just spent two  days  downloading  updates from   Windows

I know a lot of people think Apple computers are overpriced but like they say in the credit card commercials...

"No computer problems... priceless" ;D

PS: Hope you get it sorted soon Linsead!

Offline Olive Oyl

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 07:31:06 PM »
Oh no that wasn't for the samsung microwave you got from us was it!

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 07:38:48 PM »
yep it was  olive , but hey it was my foult   today i rung Samsung in  italy  ended up talking to a romaniun  call center  started in northen italian  , verry pure and   fast  but ended up she spoke  better english than  me  still no hand  book

but hey tomoro il ring outer mongolia   prhaps theyl help  oh and i have treid the ovius england   pinning my hopes on outer mongolia  though

thediggers

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 08:42:25 PM »

I know a lot of people think Apple computers are overpriced but like they say in the credit card commercials...

Only because not enough people use them... those that do, don't have much of a clue or are geeks... So when there is enough, you will have lots of trouble....  :-*

thediggers

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 09:55:52 PM »

The thing you downloaded is not actually classed as a virus or maleware and is only tied in to your browser (Chrome in your case). The link I give you tells you how to reset your browser and get rid of it...  :)

Offline Caerus

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 10:08:50 PM »

Only because not enough people use them... those that do, don't have much of a clue or are geeks... So when there is enough, you will have lots of trouble....  :-*

I used to be a geek but now I don't have a clue so they are good for me.  ;D

But you're probably right. If there was ever a big enough user base the crooks would have incentive to develop ways to rip us off.

Offline The Kid

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 08:38:20 AM »
Caerus, your hubris is dangerous, internet browsers running on Macs are just as susceptible to browser based attacks as their Windows or Unix based counterparts.   :o

I know as I've had to remove a couple from Chrome on my Macbook Pro before...

Linsead, sounds like your malicious code has worked it's way into your system, therefore it must be removed from there before you can confidently use Chrome again..

You would need a good quality ad/spy/malware remover and registry cleaner to solve this for you. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ is the best I've used for removing ad/spy/maleware

http://www.wisecleaner.com/ These guy's registry cleaner and disk cleaner are the best you can get...

If your problem persists after running these you will need someone like me to have a rummage through your machine to remove the offending code...

Good luck!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:10:07 AM by The Kid »

Offline linsead oil

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »
thanks  the kid and every one for their imput 

its know sorted a young  italian freind of  mine  has cleaned it  up ,, but would not belive  i picked up this malware  trying to  download a insrution  book  . and  not looking a  noughty ladys   with  no vests on  8) 8)